Me versus the credit card co.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Today, I called all my creditors and asked what they could do for me concerning interest rates and credit line increases (without putting a hard inquiry on my credit report). This is how it went:

Amex - Would not do product transfer without me reapplying (will call in a couple days and get a new rep).

Hechts - Soft inquiry. From $800 to $1400

Belk - Automatic increases every six months. Must pull credit report for customer credit line increase. Said no way.

CompUSA - Based on customer account review. No credit report. From $2500 to $4500.

All in all, I didn't do too bad. I have two more months to go until I'm able to ask Amex for another increase. After I have the house keys in my hand (November) I was going to apply for Amex's LOC and maybe a Citibank or Juniper Card. I plan on getting rid of Discover since my Hecht's charge, Amex, and CompUSA all have higher credit limits (pretty sad, huh?). Thanks everyone for your help the other day.

Dani

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

congrats!

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thank you, leo.

Dani

4. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great Job Dani...

Doing The Happy Dance...lol....!!

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thank you, MartysGirl and congratulatons on the new baby. I hope all goes well.

Dani

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Way to go Dani, nice work:)

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mom. I hope everything is going well for you. Is the mortgage reporting yet? We are moving in during the next 40-70 days (not sure yet). Can't wait to have Xmas in the new house.

Dani

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You must be so excited:) There is such a warm feeling you get when you close the deal and go unlock your door for the first time and say "this is ours". Your Chiristmas should be wonderful this year in YOUR own home.

No my mortgage is not reporting as of yet:( But it's Chase so I have hope they will report, they are just slow in doing it. I just sent third payment in, so let's hope three's the charm:)

9. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

You go, Dani! Congrats!! :)