Meet Blue from American Expres

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kevin Yaeg, Dec 21, 2000.

1. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

Well I got ahold of American Express two days ago. I finally got through to three different people who knew that their is a new Secured Optima card from American Express. They even took down my information from me and said an application would be sent out immediately.

Now they weren't able to tell me what the requirements were but I am sure the application will have them on it.

Take it from an ex American Express Card Member - If you get a second chance with AMEX don't screw up. They really are an awesome creditor if you do them right. They will always be there for you. I had their Green, Gold, Platinum, Delta Gold, and (2) Corporate Cards. Now I hope to have their secured card and rebuild back to what I had.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Oh No......here we go again!

<sigh> O.k. when you get the application, report back. I hope they weren't giving you the run around like they did some folks. I've read previous posts from the past on people who were promised an application just like you.

3. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

RE: Oh No......here we go agai

They told me they will not send out the application until Jan 1, 2001 as that is when the program starts.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: i might get one now.

Pissed me off, neiman marcus doesn't take visa/mc,only AMEX!! , had to trough throw the snow (atlanta:) to get to an atm machine.

5. Killer

Killer Guest

As much I want this card I'm gonna wait until you report back that you received the application. I have been through this with AMEX! They promised to mail me this application several weeks ago but I have not received anything. So please report back.

Thanks

6. Killer

Killer Guest

Besides, I spent the deposit I had on Christmas presents! So now I need to scrap up $200! Waiting will buy me some time.

7. mt

mt Guest

RE: i might get one now.

I'm positive that I've used Visa/Mastercard at Neiman's, thought it was a while back. That's very odd.

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Merry Christmas Killer!

Hey Killer - hope you have a great Christmas.
    You'll get the AMEX in 2001. :)

CYA - Dog