Melissa - Ugly Duckling

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lucy, Mar 21, 2001.

1. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Melissa,

Ugly Duckling sells used cars. My car was perfect! No blemishes on the outside as George mentions. I paid a hefty sum for it, $7336 for a 1993 Chevy Cavalier 3 years ago, along with a high interest rate of 24.99%.

But, with the help of Ugly Duckling reporting to all 3 major credit bureaus and my timely 3 year payment record, I qualified for the brand new Chevy Cavalier with GMAC for 9.9%. I have nothing but praise for Ugly Duckling! As far as I am concerned they rock! They helped me to get a brand new car, and the car I bought from them was flawless, served us well for 3 years, and cost only routine maintenance.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I only know about my city...some are perfect, some have been in accidents, and not repaired, but the rentals are cheap, and the cars are cheap to purchase.

When your "GOOD" car is in the shop, why would you need to rent a LINCOLN for a few days or a week?

3. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

I didn't say all their cars are perfect George. I KNOW they are not. Other people in my city have had problems. You have to pick and choose wisely to get a GOOD car.

As for the Lincoln, no thanks, I'll stick with my Chevy Cavalier, it makes me happy.

4. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

thanks Lucy:) I am glad that everything worked out perfect for you with them and of course qualifying for that new car:) WAy to go.

5. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

You are welcome Melissa. It hasn't been easy though. I have had my car for a year. I assumed that everything was being reported and recorded correctly by the credit bureau, and GASP, I checked my credit reports last month, and lo and behold the Credit Bureau had reported me as being 30 days late on my car payment in August of 2000. I wasn't going to take that sitting down. I always pay within the 30 days to avoid messing up a second good line of credit. I am still fighting with them as we speak to correct the errors! It IS the CRA's fault not GMAC! So I got GMAC into the mix, and I have all but one fixed, waiting for the new report in the mail.