Merchants Asso. in FL

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mambomn, Jul 9, 2001.

1. mambomn

mambomn Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a verifiable street address for Merchants Asso. (TU in FL) in Tampa? I need to mail out a certified letter to them, but only have a PO Box address.

Also, for those who have dealt with Merchants, what's your experience with them. From the threads that I have read in this forum, it seems that Merchant is unwilling and slow to make corrections to credit reports.

Thanks....

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

The address for my favorite credit bureau is:

134 South Tampa Street
    PO Box 3307
    Tampa, FL 33601

Good luck!

Manny

3. mambomn

Thank you, Manny. I will let you knows what happens with my disputes with Merchants.......I have a feeling that it's going to take a lot of work to get them to correct the errors on my report.

4. MiamiBlues

They are disgusting! When I was updating my credit profiles I requested obsolete address be deleted from my report. Equifax and Experian did so at my request. However, Merchants requested I provide evidence of my address for the past 10 years. They stink!

Manny

5. mambomn

Ouch! What an outrageous request! Manny, did you follow up with them? Curious to know what has been your progress with them?

As for my request, I'm asking for deletion of 3 incorrect addresses as well as 2 delinquent accounts(late pays) and a credit card that is not mine. From what you mention, it seems like this will be an uphill battle. Any suggestions on how to deal with Merchants??

Mambomn

6. MiamiBlues

MamBomn,

I sent them a copies of my apartment lease for the last seven years. I really resented having to do that but what choice did I have?

Good luck to you!

Manny

7. mambomn

Thanks, Lizardking. Well. I guess if worse comes to worse and I can't get anywhere with Merchants, I'll have to follow your example and SUE them in small claims. In the meantime, I'll await their investigation and begin to document all my correspondence with them.

I've heard that very few companies in FL use TU....is this true?? What CRA do most companies in FL use?
    However, I am applying for a mortgage in Nov and I've been told that most banks usually pull a merged report of all three CRAs' and then take the middle FICO score as their basic score.

Mambomn