Merchants Association Credit B

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shawn, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Shawn

Shawn Guest

I have learned a lot from the posts on this board, and got a few more deletions today.(2 from experian,1 remains,2 from trans union,the one remaining from experian was deleted from TU!)My question is I got my report back and there was absolutely no mention of Trans Union anywhere! Not even the address was the same. I live in Fla and got back a address from Tampa. Who the heck is Merchants???Why is there not one indicater that the report was from trans union? Thanks Shawn

2. mt

mt Guest

RE: Merchants Association Cred

I had a similar situation with my Equifax report. It took me several minutes to figure out that CSC Credit Services is an affiliate of Equifax -- the Equifax name was not on the credit report. I did order a subsequent report a month later, again from CSC, but this time signed by Equifax.

3. Shawn

Shawn Guest

What is this? Some kind of game they play? Also it said any future correspondence should be with Merchants. As you can figure I will be sure NOT to send it to them. I think this is a way to buy them time.

4. Geo10

Geo10 Guest

Merchants Associates is the same Trans-Union. !

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Not a game, they actually are franchised operations in some cities :)

Always been that way.

6. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Hi Shawn

You might as well communicate with Merchants. Cuz if you dispute with the TU they'll just send your dispute to Merchants anyway.

Kelly

7. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Merchants has been the Fla arm of Trans Union for many years.