Merged report showing same col

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 21, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

As you know I received my mergered report, on the page that contains any collections etc. it shows the same collection twice, same number and same amount, and on each line it shows one from equifax and one from trans union, which is the 2 that have this on reports. Then the page that shows outstanding collections has the total for the 2 accounts, not 1. But I have seen both reports seperately from Equi and TU, so I am wondering if this just means they BOTH have this account on report, or is it being duplicated? I am just not very familiar with reading merged reports, but from what the other page indicated it would appear the merged report has us owing twice the amount? Just would like some iusight how to read this properly?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Kristi could you help?

Kristi could you help with my previous post?

3. kristi

kristi Guest

RE: Merged report showing same

It just means it is being reported once from each CRA. Unless you specifically see two entries for an individual bureau then it is only listed once.

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    As you know I received my mergered report, on the page that contains any collections etc. it shows the same collection twice, same number and same amount, and on each line it shows one from equifax and one from trans union, which is the 2 that have this on reports. Then the page that shows outstanding collections has the total for the 2 accounts, not 1. But I have seen both reports seperately from Equi and TU, so I am wondering if this just means they BOTH have this account on report, or is it being duplicated? I am just not very familiar with reading merged reports, but from what the other page indicated it would appear the merged report has us owing twice the amount? Just would like some iusight how to read this properly?

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Merged report showing same

Thanks Kristi, I thought that but my lender made me believe it was entered twice. thanks for the clarification:)