Merrick Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TMitch, Apr 29, 2000.

1. TMitch

TMitch Guest

Does anyone have any information on this bank or trouble they have had with this bank? I have gotten into their "scam" and don't know what to do about it. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

2. JP

JP Guest

I have now had their car for almost a year. I got it after my Ch 7 Discharge. They have treated me fine and have helped me rebuild my credit. They report it properly on my reports. They have treated me excellent and gave me a 2nd chance when nobody would. The only complaint I have is that they put a 10 day hold prior to posting when you make a payment.

TMitch wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Does anyone have any information on this bank or trouble they have had with this bank? I have gotten into their "scam" and don't know what to do about it. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

3. JP

JP Guest

Hmmm, I used to have a card from Merrick. I paid it off and cancelled about 4 months ago, but they always posted my payments within 24 hours of receipt.

Regards,JP
    (the JP from OK)

4. Cathy

Cathy Well-Known Member

I have a Merrick card, have for almost a year, and they always post payments 7-10 days after they received your check. It must clear the bank before they will post it, unless you use western union, where it is posted the next day.

5. landon

landon Guest

My wife had a Merrick Account at 26.15% interest so it was a priority to pay it off asap. We did we used electronic bill paying to sent the balance in full of 550.00 about 2 months ago and then called them to ask them to cancel the account. What a surprise when they sent us a new bill for 50.00 plus returned check charges (we used electronic bill paying) on our next statement which should have been 0.00. We called customer no-service and asked for the source of the charge but no one can state a check number or a date of the transaction (the last 50 payment was over 4 months ago). We just got another statement with the bogus 50 + charge + missed payment fee now it's up over 100 bucks for an account which should be zip. Impressive!

6. Virginia

Virginia Guest

Can't wait to pay this off. Sending a payment every chance I get. I use my banks bill paying service, but my payments are always posted several days after my bank guarantees the payment has been made,