miles - citibank denial

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Nov 20, 2000.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

How old is the charge off that you were refering to as a reason for denial from citibank?

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Over 6 years. It will fall off my report in March. I have had a perfect report since then with the exception of 1 30 day late in early 1997. Maybe they pick and choose randomly? I know that it will not help and I really don't care, but I am going to write a letter stating how perturbed (sp?)I am that they changed their minds on the denial reason. I would not have gone through all the trouble to fax them my updated report if I knew they would deny me again for something that was already on my report when they denied me the first time. I expected more from Citibank.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I have a charge off from June of '99. I specifically asked the citi rep today if the 13 bk was the only reason I was denied, and she said yes, no other reason. I wonder now if they'll pull the same crap with me. Now I'm not as positive about getting the card as I was earlier today. Oh well, wait and see.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rain on your parade. I think you should still think positively, especially since you spoke to a representative who gave you hope. Remember, roni had paid chargeoffs as well and was approved with high limits! Please keep us informed if you receive the card. I wish you all the luck! :)

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

No problem. I just wanted to know in case....Better to prepared than to be let down.