Miles One Cap1?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Anyone have it? Feedback?

I noticed you can't switch from regular Platinum to Miles One... so it'd be a lot of trouble getting one. New application and all.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Are you saying that you have a Platinum Visa from Capital One?

3. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

Marie,I think it's a tough card to get.Shortly after I
    got my personal Cap One platinum card,5000 limit
    I got an invitation to apply for the Miles One Platinum Business card.I was skeptical that they would give me another 5000 so soon after the first
    card.(which was a 5 card consolidation courtesy of Mr
    Miller).Not surprisingly I was declined.It's ironic
    because I had a standard business card that Mr Miller
    advised i keep out of the consolidation( he actually
    had to get special approval for that)but I just didn't
    think they would give me a 1500 increase to get me
    to Platinum.With the business card included they
    only had to raise me 900.Now I have to wait 90
    days to reapply and I guarantee they will start me
    with 300 if approved.Oh well I have way too much credit aanyway.I should go two years without an inquiry,lol

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

yes, I have a 5000 platinum. and I periodically max them to show the limits. I know the next question. How?

Complain, increase... multiple cards. Consolidate if you have to. Repeat.

You'll never get 1 card w/Cap1 to a decent limit in a normal lifetime w/out complaining, actively using the card, then consolidating the cards eventually.

I think the Miles One likely isn't worth it because I mix my purchases on 9 cards. But, in the next year or so I'm consolidating down to a more reasonable number of cards. My scores are in the mid 600s w/the bk showing... so I feel as though I've progressed my credit well even w/the "bad" showing.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I'm $900 away from a platinum, and spoke with a retention supervisor who told me that he'd send something out to me in the mail.

Marie, did Mr. Miller raise you to platinum status or did you respond to an upgrade in the mail? I'm not quite sure what to expect.

Thanks,

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

you're onto it :) Miller.
    Go for the straight increase to 5k.

He's nice but even he'll try to just combine the cards.

Oh, and if you're ever combining.. go for the increases of each card FIRST, then call back and combine. Make the most of the multiple cards. :)

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks, Marie.

I may try Mr. Miller in a few weeks about this, if I don't see a mail insert. Getting a Cap One platinum card would be a real achievement for me.