Military Alerts?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by roni, Sep 13, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!

Let me start by saying I am better. I got the details I needed about my friend that I was concerned about in particular. Anways, for all those military personel out there I am curious about alerts. A friend of mine who is a dentist was put on alert. He is a reservist but not my unit. Has anyone got any info for an inexperienced reservist like myself. I was praying at the time of the attack and reading my bible. Isnt that a trip.

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

My son is in the Army in Germany on a Rapid Deployment Force - They have been on the highest state of alert since Tuesday - Basically they are sleeping on cots in an aircraft hangar and their gear is packed - Usually this means leaving on a moments notice.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not a reservist, but I've got a family full of them. If they're not career, they're reservists. You get notified that your unit is on standby, and that you should be ready if it is called up. And it is also usually on the local news - which units are on alert, which have been called. Some of my friends got called up during desert storm. Stay in shape!!

Your employer has to let you go and you are guaranteed your job back when you return.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Not Military...BUT there is some law about credit and required by LAW...0.00% rate is in effect, if deployed by EXECUTIVE ORDER...like DESSERT STORM...

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member