Military Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hobo, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Hobo

Hobo Guest

Has anyone gotten or been denied a security clearance with bad credit? I need to get one for work and my credit is pretty bad, including some defaulted student loans which I'm about to consolidate or rehab (see my other post).

thanks

2. jack

jack Guest

Re: Military Security Clearanc

It depends on the clearance level and special accesses, if any. I got secret with SAR/SAP on codeword stuff with a BK on file. It took an extra 6 months for me to get vetted beyond my secret but the main thing is to be honest and forthcoming on your 98 form in the financial section. It's gotten to the point in time where people with pristine backgrounds are not to be found in the defense/intel biz (hello! we have hummers in the White House!)

3. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

This should not be a problem for you. As stated above, as long as you are honest. The purpose of disclosing this type of information is to ensure you are honest, and trustworthy, and cannot be bribed.

Jack, as for your comment:

"...on codeword stuff"

Need I remind you about the forms you signed, and the oath you took? I think we can leave it at that.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

MI?

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

whoa didn't know officedepot.com folks needed top secret clearance :)

j/k of course :)

6. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Not that I know of.. It must be a secret... ;)

I was in the military, and a gov't person, and still maintain my cred's... :)

7. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Is military and maintains his CRED'S

Hush Hush

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I did for miliatary clearance

That is one of the reasons that I consolidated my loans. My loans were in default when I applied for commissioning into the us army reserves. I would not pass clearance and the credit check until this was taken care of. The military will not accept you as an officer with Defaulted student loans.
    I did this in 4/00
    roni

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: I did for miliatary cleara

BAD CREDIT=BAD SECURITY???

BAD CREDIT=BAD DRIVER???

SO...if somebody has good credit, they can't be a security risk, or a bad driver...

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: I did for miliatary cleara

that's just tha way it be George....lol

roni