Min Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by My2kGT, Apr 20, 2001.

1. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

What would it take to qualify for a Chase Platnium?
    What would it take to qualify for a Citi Platnium?
    Or Amex green? or Blue?

Fico wise?

Thanks
    My2kGT

2. john

john Well-Known Member

I had a 599 on my Equifax when I was approved for the Citi Click. Using that as a basis, I assume that by itself that score is not good enough to get a card.

They probably pulled Transunion and TU probably reported a higher score, therefore I got approved. I have stated before that I think most lenders use Equifax because they report lower scores than the other CRBs. Lower scores = higher rates = more profit. Of course if your score is to low you won't get approved anywhere.

Also I have heard that Citi has their own internal scoring system so maybe the scores from the CB means nothing?

If you have had no lates in 2+ years(mine was 4 years), never defaulted with Citi before and still owe a balance then you just might have a good chance at getting the card regardless of your FICO score.

Recent Charge Off's(UnPaid and > 250) and bankruptcies will probably mean instant denial.

I base all of this on my own experience and from my readings on this board.

Good luck!!!

3. john

john Well-Known Member

One more thing....you were asking about the Citi Platinum....I called today and had my new account "upgraded" to the Platinum. So I assume the requirements for all of their cards are pretty much the same unless you go for something like the World card.

The limit on my new card was 5K, but the minimum on the Platinum is 1k, so if you don't get approved for more than 1k then I guess the Platinum is out of the question.

4. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input. I probably will qualify but I think I will let Junum finish before I try.

My2kGT

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

chase platinum is like 680+