Minimum Payment

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tena Marie, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Tena Marie

Tena Marie Guest

Do you guys know of a way of estimateing the minumum payment on a credit card.

I want to charge $4000 and I'd like to know what the minumum payment would be around.

$200? $300

Is there some simple estimation formula?

2. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

Look at your cardholder agreement. It should indicate that your minimum payment is 2, 3, 4% etc. of your balance.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

$20 per $1000 is pretty nominal (2%)

I think you can math out the rest :)

of course if you've got a 24% apr card, you'll be expected
    to pay more than 2% :)

4. Tena Marie

Tena Marie Guest

Thanks Greg.

I'm at work do you know the standard for Providian accounts?

5. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

I think it's 2 or 3% of the balance

6. ble103

ble103 Guest

Also you can take the outstanding balance,and devide it by 48,or 50.This is used by citibank,AMEX just to name a couple of banks that uses this method for figuring the minimum due amount.

7. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Do not make minimum payments on credit cards. You'll pay too much interest. Always make large payments and make them early to improve your credit rating.

http://www.creditsense.com

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

For a Providian account, the minimum payment would be 3%, which is $120. For most other bankcards, either 2% ($80) or 3%($120.) For Citibank, it would be $83.

Make sure you're using a bankcard, and check the account agreement you received in the mail. The minimum payment on a store card could end up being $300 or $400 per month.

BTW, are you sure you want to use up so much credit for a single purchase? Then you won't be able to use it for other things.