Minimum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LiquiD, Jan 5, 2001.

1. LiquiD

LiquiD Guest

Ok I'm really new to the whole credit card life, I really didn't think I'd ever want one but I will be traveling to Germany at least 2 times a year and sometimes when I want to go I dont' have enough money for the trip so a credit card seems to be the good answer.
    Anyways my question is..... How do I know How much the minimum I must pay a month is? Is there a set amount or is there a calculation that the companies do? Any answer would be greatly appreciated and any other piece of advice also. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

2. Creditinsi

Creditinsi Guest

It's usually about 2% of the total balance but it's always a good idea to pay more than the minimum, it can save you a lot of money in interest charges.

Alex
    www.Creditinsiders.com

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I was told that it's usually 2-3% of a balance over xx amount of dollars. I don't know waht the xx number is. My citibank card minimum is always $20 for any amount under my limit of $800.

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

It really depends on the bank. Usually between 2-3%. 2% is most typical of most of my cards. I have one that is 2.2% and another that is 2.7%.

For travelling, you may want to look into one of the cards that offers rewards such as American Express Delta Skymiles, or one of their charge cards enrolled in their member rewards program, or the citibank AAdvantage, or a USAIR, etc.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I was told a several years ago (may not apply now) that some countries prefer visa or mastercard over the other.

Any recent traveller care to comment?

6. LiquiD

LiquiD Guest

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for responding so quickly. I really appreciate all the answers all were very helpful so again thanks!

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Can go as high as 4%