Miss you all / CAP 1 gives prime!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 17, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I am not going to say anything - except - wow - thanks to you all and you special friends who know who you are.

FYI board - I have thought about a lot of things - particularly realizing everyone is on heightened emotional status - me included.

I am going to be conscientious about my sarcasm, but may need to utilize that tool upon occasion.

LKH - River - MP - Roni - LzKg - Mom - etc - Credit -
    man - thanks. All of you can stay at my place if you ever need an urgent stop. MP, I will stay with you if in south bay - call me if in SF!

------------------------------------------------------
    CAPITAL ONE SWAPS ME 2 PRIME CARD!

OK - enough - now here is the interesting event
    that happened to me today.

I had sent a message to Cap One thru planetfeedback - after reading all the messages here about how successful everybody was with them.
    MY message was different:

I sent a complaint ---- but ---- thanked them for their wonderful service. I told them they had gotten me to AMEX. I told them I made XXX and when they would check the credit report - they would see no negatives other than those remaining from the 1996 Chap 13.

I told them the reason for the chap 13 was AIDS.
    I told them I had been with ABC Corp for XX yrs.
    I gave them my title.

THEN, in my email thry PFB, I told them I valued them and would continue to keep on with them, and my goal was the Platinum version at 9.9%.
    I knew that would take another year or two for
    PLAT approval.

Anyway - I sent the message - maybe Friday night late. I really did not expect much of a response.

SAT - I got an email from executive ofc saying that they had received my email.

Today, Cap One called me from the exec ofc - very nice....and.....he commented how much he liked my letter. He immediately said that they were raising my limit to $3500 (was $3100), and, since I already have their best Gold MC rate of 10%+ - (I think 10.67%). they are product swapping me over to their regular prime NO HASSLE Gold MC. 9.9% fixed.
    I told them I was very pleased - and thanks.

The two new Cap One cards are actually branded as
    "No Hassle" Gold or Platinum cards.

"No Hassle" starts at 3K - plat 5K. No Hassle
    with annual fees or start up extras, no hassles means a starighforward gold card or plat card.
    A real one.

Cap One proved to me today that if you start subprime with them, and keep your history great
    with them, that within 4 1/2 yrs after a chap 13, you can work your way to PRIME.

It is sunny today in SF - because I am forcing myself to have a sunnier, but not dumb and innocent, outlook.

Arf - I know - I must be addicted to this board - but you all are my network (LOL) of friends.

cya dogman

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AAARRRFFFFFFF

:)

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

nice going dogman!

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Dog, Dog, Dog is that you?????? LOL. Hey Dogman I am very happy with your success with Cap 1, and I am sure you will have more success stories to follow, you ain't done yet:)

As for all the other CRAP, I know you and vice versa so enough said on that matter.

I'll snap you one later one, we have lots to talk about:)

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Miss you all / CAP 1 gives prim

Good to have you with us, Dog :)

Saar

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I thought they ONLY had 0.00% PURCHASES and/or BT and then 9.99%...

CONGRATS!!!!!

7. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

8. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Welcome Home, Dog

VJ

9. river

river Well-Known Member

Hey, way to go Dogman!!!!!!!!!! Movin' right on up, I see!!!! Actually,you were already "prime",but Cap1 closed out the "sub-prime" gap. Boy,I can't wait to be PRIME and know I will get there with alittle patience. I have the right number of cards,just need to "build-up" my track record as far as "payment history" and "no over-the limit fees" or "late payments",which I have been up to par with all. Gotta just sit back and build a flawless history. My day is on its way. Good goin Dog.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey!!!! Word to Big Bird my brother!!!

<high 5> Back in effect baby!

Thank you for extending your welcome to me, vice versa but I warn you.....the mall is 2 seconds from me. Get that Am/Ex card out......oh boy!

11. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Good Job, it worked for me too!!! I sent a mean letter, though lol. Do you guys think that the Visa Classic from Capital One with 12.9% APR(fixed) and $1,000 credit limit is subprime. I know the limit isn't high. I have had the card since last September, starting with a $500 limit, and 19.8% APR.

12. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Dog!

13. MikeB

MikeB Banned

AIDS? Am I missing something? I hope I am.

14. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I don't know you but CONGRADULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

WB dogman!!

We were not going to allow that, you know. You would have been harrassed until you returned. ;)

Congrats on your success with CapOne.

16. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Glad to have you back. I was afraid I was going to have descend on SF and wail and rend my clothes over martinis at the Pied Piper at the Palace until you promised to come back. It wouldn't have been pretty--black mascara and red lipstick everyplace.

Curiouser

17. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Nope - MikeB that is my real success story - I was diagnosed in 1986 - when I had Hepatitis A.
    They didn't ask me - they just did it.

I am in perfect health, but Mike, I was told in 1996 to go spend it - cause I was going down fast.
    Then was bless - tried the AIDS cocktail - it worked -
    I lived.

BUT - had over $125K in credit cards - that would not be paid by life insurance, hence the chap 13.
    That's how I made the journey here.

AMEX issued me the Card when I told them that story. They overlooked everything and issued me the new chance at good credit.

Thanks - dogman

18. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know about the alternative in advance.

19. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

matty - that is a fine rate - better than some other big name cards. They just don't lend a lot
    at that rate. They tend to be slower with the increase - but the rate is fine.

20. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Sorry, I never heard your story before. That is incredible, and I bet it changed your life forever. I am very happy for you, and I wish you the best of luck. I guess maybe some of the CC companies do have a heart.