Mobile....Not

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Mar 16, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

What happened to my last post..gone?...oh well.

I got my denial letter today. They pulled transunion. So Mobile turned me down. bummer. I will just stop buying their gas. lol

So I got 2 approvals: Victoria's secret and target, and 2 denials mobile and chase gold. And one maybe: Macy's (want address verify). Plus a gold upgrade from Capitalone. NOt a bad month.

Victoria S and Target pulled experian. Macys pulled equifax.

I know , I know, no more inquires. I wont apply for anymore credit until the keys are in my hands..lol

Thanks for listening.

roni

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I think I am applying for too much credit in last six months like you. Too much inquiries in your credit reports and it actually hurt your credit. I tried not to look at the other credit card web sites because I cannot resist to apply the another credit cards.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thanks lizardking (should be letter king). Do you have an example of what to say.

roni

4. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Lizardking

If you are looking to make some extra $$ to pay for your lawsuit filing fees, I could hire you. Man, you seem to have it all down. I need you for real.

christi

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Roni

Roni,

Have you gone to settlement yet on your townhouse or are you just pricing? I don't want to sound naggy but doesn't applying for more credit decrease your FICO score and could affect your home buying? I truly don't know the answer to this, but a friend of a friend was purchasing a home and had not gone to settlement yet and they purchased new furniture, washer and dryer, the whole kit and caboodle. Unfortunately, they pulled their credit report again and he was ineligible for the home loan and lost the house. This may not apply to you, but I didn't know if it was a concern or not. Best of luck and congratulations on your new home.

Dani

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Roni

lizardking,
    thanks for your sugguestion. I have enough credit cards already and I don't want any more .

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you read the last sentence of my post, it says no more inquires. I applied for this stuff 3 weeks ago before I found this place. I am not doing as your friends and our situation is nowhere alike. Settlement will not be for months. My delivery date and settlement is due in Aug. MOve in is set for Sept 15. Thanks for your concern. But I stated no more inquiries now until then. Yes, what your friends did was not smart and I know about that.

roni

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Roni -

Some mortgage companies will pull a credit report the day before closing to verify balances haven't increased (and no new inquiries)- basically to make sure ratios haven't changed.

The general rule of thumb is to not increase debt load between commitment letter to closing... the day after closing, knock your socks off.

Best of luck-
    mj