Momof3 & Erica

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Apr 27, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hi, Mom! Figured the new format would make it ok to return!

Tell me, what's the latest on the mortgage? :)

Hi, Erica! :) How you doing?

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Nana,
    I'm doing great. Just got the new 1st Premier MC (i Know, Crappy bank, but it's a start) and also approved for CCB (Again, I know, but it's unsecured).
    I plan to close them after they age a little.

Other than that, nothing new. The semester is almost over (YEAH!!) and I can finally relax.

I'm glad to see that you are here, we've missed you.

How are things with you?

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, now it's letting me reply...a few seconds ago, it wouldn't! All I can say is "huh?"

Erica..you know, my hubby has CCB (2) and we've had minor issues but nothing serious. Mostly some inconveniences..but you have the right attitude! It's a building block! As for Premier...same thing..a stepping stone in the right direction. I'm really psyched for you!

I missed you all, too..just a little wary to post..

All well here..we are going to be moving to Texas by July ...back to my hometown. Father-in-law has cancer and my mom is alone there..need to go take care of parents.

Of course, I couldn't help but think about the SOL...2 years less than CO..

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My grandmother died 2 years ago from brain cancer. I know that it can be tough, but hang in there. It will all turn out for the best.

As for the new crappy cards, I mean credit cards, I look at it as, I gotta restart somewhere and everywhere I applied turned me down. These 2 were guaranteed. Whatever. It's only until the "real" offers start rolling in.

Again, glad you are back!

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Cool, Erica! I can't wait till you report the next step of cards.

I got a Cap 1 about 4 months ago..then (because this board encouraged me), I got an Aria about 1 1/2 months ago...I was shocked..

I used Planet Feedback and got a $400 increase in CL on the Cap 1.

Did the same for my daughter who had 19 months of perfect payments and no increase and she go a $500 increase ..she's really young so that was great.

Anyway, slowly but surely figuring things up. My hubby has the CCB for about 18 months and I tried to get him to let me see what I could do for him but he is content with his CL..so guess I'll have to wait. You get itchy to work on this stuff, you know? LOL