Monday Mail

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Oct 22, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I got my new Chase Walmart Mastercard, $2000.00 limit, 17.XX APR (ick). The APR sucks, but at least I got my foot in the door with Chase!

2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I got the Diamond Credit Car postcard. In the shredder it went.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I got my Star magazine and my husband got an offer from Capital One for a Gold card up to a $3000 credit limit and a 14.9% fixed interest rate (the offer went straight into the trash).

Dani

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Heh, I got that post card a few days ago!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ON THE PLUS SIDE...9.90% ON BT TILL PAID...

MINE IS 12.98%...

WAL*MART PURCHASES 10.99% FIXED...

$200.00 AND ABOVE...NO INTEREST OR PAYMENTS TILL 04/15/02...

:)

INTERESTING DATE THEY PICKED?!?!?!?!?!

IF YOU DON'T INTEND ON BUYING $200.00 + JUST BUY A GIFT CARD FOR THE AMOUNT NEEDED TO MAKE $200.00...

MY WIFE BUYS STUFF AT SAMS FOR WORK, THEY DON'T TAKE AMEX OR VISA/MC, SO I BUY A GIFT CARD AT WAL*MART FOR HER TO USE...SHE GETS PAID WITHIN 48 HOURS...I PAY MUCH, MUCH LATER...

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I wonder if that applies to my account. The agreement does not mention any of that although the website does. I guess I can shop at Walmart and see!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I GOT THE SAME THING!!!

I'm moving on up..or DOWN...

$72.00 annual fee is the best part!!!

IF YOU ACTUALLY SENT IT IN, AND THEY FOUND OUT YOU WERE NOT SUBPRIME...WHAT WOULD THEY DO???

8. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I received my brand new Chase Classic Mastercard, 6K limit with 2.99 APR BT! (Goodbye Providian and 2 houshold cards)

Also a invitation to apply for Chase Platinum. I will wait a year to apply for an upgrade.

9. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

- Capital One Platinum 5k offer..5th in 4 weeks
    - Cap One Gold Bill
    - Amex Bill
    - ESPN magazine
    - Handyman magazine (don't know why they send this, I didn't order it)

not too exciting......

Shawn

10. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

I got a letter from Chase telling me that my PF letter was appreciated but they will not give me an account because of my TU report.

The funny thing is, they named accounts that supposedly got taken off 2-3 months ago!!!!!!

11. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

1. Spiegel bill
    2. Bank One Line of Credit bill
    2. Property tax bill(oooh weee).
    3. Pioneer Electronics Catalog(exploring Satellite options for the ride).

Sister Girl

12. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Wife got her speedpasses and i got a pre-approval for the citgo card..

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think I would send them a copy of my current report and ask them where they got theirs... That theirs contains incorrect entries that have ben deleted. Then I would take their response, and the current copy of the report and file a suit.

Supports my theory that they get a different version than we do.

14. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

breeze I think you are on to something especially at TU.

I applied for student laon with access group and they declined and they told me that my Empirica score, which was 60 points higher than the TU "score" they give out on the reports, and they said i had a unpaid cahrgeoff on my file and I have copy of report sent to me from a couple days earlier and i have no unpaid items on my report, but the lender had different info. Then I checked WK and there is no unpaid item.

Something is definitely up with TU and I am going to file a FTC complaint jsut register this practice of theirs, because something weird is going on.

Cypri:)

15. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Got a lot of stuff today. Maybe that's why I only got a JCPenney sale catalog on Saturday :)

Letter from TU that if I have a problem with inquiries on my report, take it up with the creditor.

DMB statement with the standard cash advance check attached.

Rooms to Go statement.

"Pre-selected" offer from Lowe's. Hate that store, love Home Depot. Since they use the same CC company, why not send me Wal-Mart offer??

ANOTHER pre-approved clear card offer from Providian. So my lack of response to their last four offers (and phone call) doesn't faze them, huh?

Universal's arbitration notice.

Offer from AMEX for a calendar/appt book set.

Insurance explanation of benefits statement.

A "holiday savings' packet from Toys R Us ($20 off $200 purchase), plus a free "big book".

A check for $13 from Rubbermaid to compensate me for their trash can that doesn't work. I would rather have the free item coupon they said they were going to send :(

Lots of postcards/flyers:
    A "special event notification" /test drive thing with a key attached that could win me a 2001 Kia. No thanks, I love my Grand Prix.

Postcard from Gwinnett Place Mall; a flyer about a piano warehouse going out of business sale; Gwinnett Family church fall festival; information about a prophecy seminar; newsletter from the school system.

16. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Pre-approval for cheveron gas card, jc penny sales catalog, chadwicks catalog, and a bryanlane catalog.

mindy

17. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Providian Gold Statement. Trying to devise a short term plan to get rid of both my Providian cards. They are already retired to the sock drawer.

18. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AMEX Appt Books

Hi Jacqui - it was a great deal - I ordered both the desk one and the smaller one.
    Had them monogrammed too.

Nice appt books.
    c ya dogman

19. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Congrats MikeB

nice job with the Chase Card.
    later - dogman

20. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Are you in Gwinnett County too? I live and work here (for the last two years, anyway...)

I'm between the Lake and the Mall of GA.

Small world.....

Shawn