more Amex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by debbie, Sep 19, 2000.

1. debbie

debbie Guest

I just applied for Optima Platinum over the phone. They told me they would give me a decision in 3 to 4 weeks. I thought they would tell me right there over the phone if I was approved. That worries me. But on the other hand, I bought a car last weekend and while the salesman left me alone in his office I peaked at the credit report he had just printed out and the score was 700+. (Very, very suprised!!!!!!) This of course after almost 4 years of rebuilding my credit. I have a household income of 64,000. Is this enough to qualify for the platinum, and if I am not approved for this one will they offer me any other card product like the green. Thanks for any info.

2. Michael

Michael Guest

DON'T WORRY THE CARD IS YOUR'S.

Amex will not change an Optima (CREDIT) Application to a Regular CHARGE Card.

They may possibly bump you down to a Blue, but with your income I doubt it.

Also once you get your card if it isn't equal to the highest card you have call them up and ask for a increase they usually will match your highest card.

3. me

me Well-Known Member

Actually I found that the Blue card has better terms than the optima card.

That's why I choose to apply for Blue rather than optima (This was back in March/April)

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Blue is an Optima Card

I think the terms right now for "Blue" are better as a promotion for the re-launch of this product.

The Blue card is an Optima Card!

5. me

me Well-Known Member

RE: Blue is an Optima Card

But the interest rate and terms are not the same!