More Cap 1/Planetfeedback SUCCESS!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by hurricane5, May 3, 2001.

1. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

I posted this originally under Julie's thread, but I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle

-----

First of all, let me say "Julie - you are the GIRL!!"... I followed your lead and sent my planetfeedback letter last night! About noon today, I got an email saying to call Mr. Miller at the Customer Advocate office. Called, got put right through and now letthe celebrating begin!!!!

Background, my wife and I both have Cap 1 Gold Cards -- got mine in July of 2000, she got hers in January 2001...both with the standard $200-$300 limit.

Results---

For me:
    - $1000 increase
    - 13.9% fixed rate, down from 18.9% variable
    - Removal and credit/refund of annual fee

For her:
    - $1000 increase
    - she already has a 0% interest till Sept. he told me to call back then to get a reduction once the real rate kicks in
    - Removal and credit/refund of annual fee

Could it have been any better??....I also got the "call be back if there is anything else that I can do for you" ... he was such a nice guy that I actually offered him a job!! :) I also sent a really nice compliment back through planetfeedback for him.

I hope this motivates someone to try this route...can't hurt, and no inquiries necessary!!!

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Isn't that guy the coolest? I wonder how many Mr Millers there are...lol....mine had this great deep wonderful voice that was most wonderful to listen to....

GREAT JOB!

AnnMarie

3. Julie L

Julie L Member

Ann Marie, we are talking of the same guy!! His name is Gaith Miller, he had a VERY deep, low voice. At first I was intimadated by his voice, and he sounded like he was reading off a teleprompter. So now ya all know I wasn't lying about this. Cap One sure is great!! Julie

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I love his voice...

He sounds like Barry White to me. :)

5. Positive

Positive Member

I also read the post and sent a letter to Cap One. I talked to Mr. Miller (sounded more like Lurch, You rang?) Anyway, they increased my limit by $300.00 with one simple call.

6. jean1221

jean1221 Well-Known Member

I called and also sent a letter through plantetfeedback. No Mr. Miller Can someone Email me the # to reach him???
    jean1221@metrocast.net

7. hurricane5

Jean,
    When did you send your planetfeedback letter? You may have to just be a little more patient. I haven't heard anyone say that they weren't contacted once they sent their planetfeedback letter in...The think I liked was that when I called, he actually remembered me and my planetfeedback letter -- I didn't even have to give him an account number or anything...he'll get to you...

Oh, one thing I forgot to add to my original post was that I had been turned down for a limit increase on my wife's card the SAME DAY that I sent my letter via planetfeedback.....(I just thought that was an interesting side note)...

Still...

8. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

I recently received a $1,000 line increase on my gold card (now $2,200). Should I use Planet Feedback to get it upgraded to a Capital One Platinum? Or, is this a stretch?

CardKid

9. hurricane5

Depends on when you received your increase and what your personal feelings are...Julie got 2 increases in a week via planetfeedback/Mr. Miller....I'll probably wait until Sept. when my wife's interest kicks in on her card to call back and try to get her rate down and another increase for both of us. By then, I'll have another few months of payment history for them to go by...So it's really your call...

The only bad part about Cap1 is that since they don't report limits, it really doesn't matter what your limit is...since they report only high credit, you basically have to run the card up to its limit for the numbers to amount to show up on your CR...

Still...

10. CardKid

The Gold card ($2,200 line) has been opened for one year. I received the increase a few days ago. The standard card (ocean waves) was opened in January of this year ($1,000 line).

I could wait six months, combine the lines, and ask for the upgrade to Platinum. However, if Planet Feedback could expedite the process, that would be fantastic.

With regard to the unreported limits on the CBRs, I could write an access check and pay it off in one billing cycle.

What do you think? Is it worth going for it?

CardKid

11. hurricane5

If you really want to combine into a Platinum card, then I say go for it....The worst thing they can do say is no...and if they do, then you still have very good lines...

However (and I'm stepping way outta my comfort zone here) isn't it better to have multiple lines of credit rather than just one big one? At least they all show "Pays as agrees"....

12. CardKid

On that note, I will ask that either line be upgraded to a Platinum card rather than merging them. I'm going to Planet Feedback to get the ball rolling. I'll post the outcome here.

Wish me luck!

CardKid