MORE Capital One Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 25, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Morning,

I just got off the phone with capital one and got them to UNSECURE my secured visa.

History:

I opened a secured visa 300 limit 49.00 deposit and a secured mastercard 500 limit 99.00 deposit back in march 2001.

From then,
    Ive gotten my limits raised 200.00 on both
    then
    I got my annual fees refunded on both cards.
    Then
    I got my APR lowered 2% on both cards
    then
    Ive gotten my limits combined to the visa (now 1200)
    Then
    I got my new limit of 1200 raised 1200 (now 2400)
    now, today
    got my card (visa) unsecured.
    ****ALL IN 2 MONTHS****

Ive asked for my security funds, 148.09 to be applied to my balance.

In the next thirty days, im going to ask for my card to be upgraded to a gold!

Love capital one, hate the fact that they dont report limits.

I also sent in disputs TU and equifax along with copies of my statements to get my limits reported.

Ill update on any change!

Psugirl

2. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

PSUgirl,
    I love em too. I got an unsecured card after writing via PFB. Befor that all they were offering me was a $200 card for $199. I think I'll wait a couple of months and see if I can my $300 cl increased. Oh, btw what did you say to get a $1200 increase and did they have to pull your credit again? thanks

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

When i wrote planetfeedback, i complained that my limits where not reported and thus caused me to be declined for a credit offer for "balance to limit ratio" They gave me the increase of 1200 for my inconvience. It caused me to get another inquiry, when I would not have applied for the other credit card if I knew that capital one doesnt report limits.

And, the DID NOT pull another credit report. I guess they just trusted me!

I think that not reporting limits is a BIG inconvience to customers and does effect US not capital one. So, im going for it all!!! increases, fee refunds...it all

I bet that my limit will be over 5000 by december. Im not giving up until they change their policy or make me happier!

It effect MY credit score when my limit is not reported and thus is inconvient to me.

Good luck with your capital one journey, its well worth it.

Psugirl

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I'm glad you guys are having positive results with CapitalOne. I sent a Planetfeedback letter 3 weeks ago and other than the initial e-mail, I have not received a response. I just sent another e-mail informing them of my frustration. I received the same generic e-mail. If I don't hear anything soon, I guess I'll just have to close my account at the 3 year mark (maximum FICO points).
    Funny thing is, I can't get anyone to respond to my concerns, but I did receive a telemarketing call from them about 5 minutes ago. :-D

5. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

PSUgirl,

What are the benefits to a gold card with cap one? Is it just the apr and credit limits? thanks

6. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Im going to find out the benifits on tuesday. But anything above a classic unsecured it better!

psugirl

7. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Miles,

My daughter wrote to Cap. One through Planet Feedback, and she didn't think she'd ever get an answer. After almost a month, she received an email from this Mr. Miller, who she claims is as charming as described all over this board. She called him, and without her even providing any numbers or anything, he increased her credit limit by $1000, lowered her interest rate from 19.8% fixed to 13.9% fixed, and he took away her annual fee. Not only that, he refunded both her annual fee for this year and the difference between the 19.8% and the 13.9% since January 2001.

I don't have any problems with Cap. One, but I almost wish I did. With the way everyone describes Mr. Miller's demeanor, I'd like to talk with him too! I've been with Capital One so far back, they weren't even called Capital One yet. I worked my way up to Platinum status, and they have been my favorite company to deal with. Once you work your way out of sub-prime status, they are well worth sticking with. It took me almost 4 years to go from the $200 Signet Classic to the Visa Platinum. Just hang in there.

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

DorisK,

The consumer advocate is by far one of the most professional people I've ever spoken with. Because of him, I expect to actually see a Platinum card within my lifetime. :)

Gone are the days when I would sweat out retention hoping for a $300 credit line increase.

This gentleman definitely understands what the definition of "retention" actually means.

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info and the support Doris!! I really appreciate it. Believe it or not, I received an e-mail asking me to call the Consumer Advocate. However, when I called, it was too late (eastern time) and the office was closed. I will try back again on Tuesday. Oh, I then went to the mailbox and guess what I got?..... A pre-approved gold Kmart card offer. geez...enough already!! :)

I am happy for your daughter. She got a really great deal. I hope I can get what I want. If not, I will close my account. I am just fed up. I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I am so frustrated with CapOne right now. I have worked so hard on my credit and it now shows on all of my reports. I have accounts from Bank of America, Chase and American Express, but CapitalOne has NEVER given me an increase without asking. I have only received one and it wasn't all that great. I have had one of my accounts for approx. 3 years and the limit is only $900 with a $59 annual fee that they refused to waive. That is unacceptable!!

I really think I deserve a Platinum account. I have a very good FICO score, a low balance to limit ratio and my oldest account on file is 8 years old. I only have one negative which is 1 30 day late from 4 years ago. I hardly think that should be a reason for CapOne to keep me in the subprime market. Other lenders don't think so. With all of my hard work, I REFUSE to remain subprime. ;-D

Lenders need to realize that all of their customers who are in the subprime segment, will not stay there. Many have learned their lesson and will never make the same mistakes again. I would think those customers would be a "slam dunk" in regards to low risk customers for lenders. Go figure!! Thanks for letting me babble. :-D

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hey Miles! If you sell yourself to the consumer advocate with the above quote, you'll get whatever you want. That was pretty compelling. Wait a minute, you're making me jealous. You better *not* get your platinum Cap One card before I do! If you do, I'll just have to get my grace period from Providian first! :)

Just kidding.

I wish you the best,

11. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I was able to get a grace period from them 12 days ago when I called. I've been checking my mail for the last few days in hope the new card would arrive, but no joy.

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

LOL. Thanks marci. :-D

Hopefully I can market myself to the Advocate and I can get what I feel I deserve.....Hmmm....that wouldn't make me a wh*re would it?? ;-)

Btw, I'm not sure if you read it or not, but I did receive a letter from the Providian executive office. They claim they will be in touch with me shortly (quote-"if we haven't already") regarding my letter. We'll see. I won't hold my breath that's for sure!! The letter was mailed to me more than 10 days ago!!
    I'll definitely keep you updated.

13. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Although she's 43 years old, I threatened to take a switch to my daughter if she didn't go directly back to Planet Feedback and write a letter to Capital One commending this Mr. Miller for his help. Obviously, this gentleman has exceeded his call of duty as a consumer advocate, and Capital One needs to know that customers are satisfied with such a service.

I hope all of you who have benefitted from Mr. Miller have taken the time to send some positive feedback. If not, get to it NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER! It's been years since I've had to do it, but Maw Maw Doris can still work a hickory switch like a work of art!

14. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Yes ma'am!

:)