More conversations

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Eric, May 24, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Guest

For those of you following the end of phase II of my credit rebuilding, I have an update.

I received my $5500 MBNA.

I have decided that given the recent new lines on my credit report, and all the inquiries, I will not be getting new lines any time soon.

So, I called MBNA and told them that $7500 would be a much more useful limit.

15 minutes later, a credit rep (decision maker) called me back. Apparently this is their standard mode of operation for credit line increase requests. The person making the decision actually calls you back within 15 minutes.

Her first question was regarding my lack of history before 1994. This is the first question the person I spoke with over there before asked. I explained I was in school/out of the country, etc.

She then mentioned that their line was the largest one on my report, and I told her I wanted it high so I could close out all the little accounts and deal with one or two banks. I mentioned that paying off the cards two times a month was getting tiresome.

Bottom line: increase to $7500.

For those of you in the early stages of credit rebuilding that need some inspiration, look at the "Never Ending Battle" thread, and also my threads about amex, discover and MBNA.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I am not rebuilding my credit, but I truly enjoy your narrations. Keep up the good work.

http://www.creditsense.com