More Credit Report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sue, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Sue

Sue Guest

I've now managed to obtain my credit report from experian and equifax. They seem to be consistent, although equifax supplied me with my FICO. The only problem seems to be that equifax is reporting my current address as my parents home address (I've lived an another state for at least 15 years), and they have the birthdate wrong (right year, wrong month and day). Is it a problem that equifax has that bit of info incorrect?

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Birthdates used to be only it says 01/01/1975 or something similar...
  3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Equifax suddenly changed my entire birthdate a few months ago. All I did was dispute it online, and they put it back. I don't know if it would have affected anything, but I didn't like it.
  4. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Your addresses, unless reported by YOU, are obtained from the creditors who pull your credit report in response to you applying for a loan/credit. If the last creditor that pulled your credit didn't supply a full address, or if it was back when you USED that address on a credit app, that's why that's the last address they have.

All you have to do is write or contact them (web, phone, etc.) and give them the updated info.

Although it doesn't necessarily HELP you, it's best if they have the correct info on file *just in case* there's questionable circumstances when you DO apply for something (verification).

Did you check all the account info on your reports? Maybe somebody ELSE applied for credit in YOUR name using that other address?