More Equifax bs

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Apr 12, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Just checked with equ. again and they still deny receiving it. The rep then proceeded to tell me that if the mail sorters at equ. decided they don't like your dispute ie: frivolous, too many disputes, can't understand something etc., then they just shred it. I asked her if there is something they don't understand, won't they send a letter requesting more info? Her answer - no, they'll shred it. I can't believe she said this to me. So Junum resent it again certified this time only. I will get the signature/delivery card returned to me. Then, if they continue this game they will be looking at legal action.

2. BluVegas

BluVegas Guest

Man ...that is BS!!! You needed a copy of that for court records. What they can't read or something? They love to pull their weight, but it will comeback to haunt them. WTF are they doing there? This is not the right attitude for a business. Ya need to let the attorney general know that they are destroying credit dispute letters and causing people damages for having inaccurate records. Blahhh!!!!

I can't wait till they get my stuff... Good Luck.

Trying4GoodCreditNVegas

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

It sounds like an Eq rep messing with you...If they did shred them as policy then they would be subject to a huge class action suit (which they may be anyway, how they are playing games here with your credit file gotta believe Eq does this with many).

See how the return receipt goes then maybe we should suggest that Junum open this up as an option for all members. -Dave

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Sure makes me think...oooooooooh, if I only had the courage to call and ask if my husband's were received. Wait, he'd have to ask...may not have to be me at all!

Maybe I should visit the wizard and ask for courage? ROFL

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Call them back, and record their responses. You have to state that you are recording the conversation for it to be legal. Try and get them saying "we shred them" and how they determine what is and isn't frivolous. They could "determine" that every dispute is frivolous.

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

This is crazy LKH. Stay on top of them. Keep your records in check. You may just have to seek legal action in the end. Good luck and keep us updated. :-0