Mortgage applied for..waiting..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, May 12, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I was just sitting here in the warm aftermath of the Avalanche's win over Saint Louis and thought I would post because I want everyone to worry with me...HAH! Just kidding...but I wouldn't mind if all your good thoughts got sent my way..and I also wanted an excuse to write about the results of the game today..LOL

Anyway, I mailed the mortgage application and documents...will be interesting to get scores from other 2 credit reports and see how they compare and see if the Equifax is the same (659) as I got a few weeks back. I will let you all know...this is scary. I've owned 2 houses before but I assumed them both because I hated the idea of a loan, approval, etc. I did go through a loan process once a long time ago and it was a nightmare but finally got approved after FOREVER...boy, things have changed.

Anyway, you all have to be prepared to celebrate with me or throw me the crying towels! Hehehehe

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

============ =======
    Don't forget to insure the new house with
    State Fraud{OOPS Harm}

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

ROFLMAOPIMP!!!!!

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I'll worry with you :)

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Breeze! Thank you !! You are a true e-friend!!! :)

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the application. I'm sure everything will go your way. You have to be sure too!

Good luck! you'll be house hunting in no time!!!

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Erica, thanks so much for the positive words..it's really hard to wait...and I can't get my mind away from the way house loans use to be...

I have been looking on line at realtor.com as I am still in Colorado...house prices where I'm moving are so much better! :)

Yahoo!

8. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Nana,

My ex-idiot was looking for a house (long story) and he got pre-approved. it took like a month for it to go thru and when it finally did, he put in an offer a week later, and then the inspection was the following Saturday. Once the pre-approval goes through, everything snowballs downhill. You are in for a RIDE!!!

Again, I'm sure everything will be OK.

:)

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OOOOOOh, I hope so, Erica. I still have to do my letter of explanation for my one collection which was a medical. My broker tells me that the fact that it is a medical one is actually a bit better and I can explain it because of that accident I had (9 months out of work)...hope so! :)

I will definately keep you all posted and again, Erica, thanks..you always cheer me up!

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I try to cheer everyone up! I have found that that is my "job" around here! hehe

I'm not crossing my fingers because I'm SURE you'll get it!

11. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Did you use an on-line lender? If so, would you mind sharing if it is smoother and more expedient. Also, who did you use. I'm currently looking on line for a broker/lender

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hi! I used a guy that was over at Baywatch and who was doing a wonderful job there and seemed to be very above board. I have been very happy with him. His website is:

http://www.aimloans.com! His name is Don.

Good Luck!

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Please note: I'm not advertising..I'm simply replying to the question about who I am going through!

Hope that was o.k.

14. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Nana,
    Trust me, if I can buy a house -- SO CAN YOU!!! You are actually doing it the right way! I did it backwards--bought the house and now trying to clean up the credit...

Remember, lenders only make money if they LEND you money...and folks are less likely to default on a house than on a car or CC....

Good Luck to you...but you won't need it :)

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hurricane:

Thank you! Thank you!!!

I can't believe how much I need to hear things like that right now...the whole concept is still amazing to me...LOL

How long ago did you buy your house? (Congrats, by the way!)

16. hurricane5

Nana,
    I'll actually celebrate my one year anniversary of home ownership on the 23rd of this month (which coincided very nicely with my wedding anniversary on the 18th :)

I don't think I had to buy another present for about 6 months :) (However, I am taking my wife to Jamaica for a week to celebrate our 5yr anniv.)

Keep you head up...and another thought for you, I got my loan from the 3rd broker that I went to -- I just felt that he actually WANTED to get me into a house...

Take care!

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

First, Congrats again on the new marriage and the house! How exciting! LOL about your present comment!

Just curious, did all your brokers (up to the 3rd) pull credit reports on you??

Jamaica??? Wow!! How nice!

18. hurricane5

Yes, but the nice part is that if all pulls are done relatively close to each other (maybe someone can add more specifics) most lenders look at that as 1 inquiry (like you are shopping around for the best rates, etc)...mine were all done within a month or so of each other, and the third lender told me not to worry about it, the underwriters wouldn't care about that!

Fingers crossed for you...

19. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Hurricane! I really appreciate the info and good wishes!!

20. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

NanaC
    I recall reading some of his postings at Bayhouse as well. I just skimmed over them because I wasn't even thinking about it at that time.
    It's ashame Bayhouse closed down, that was a pretty good site.
    I really want to do this on line but I am sooo nervous. Do you live in a different state and how does that work. Do you have any suggestions about doing it online?