mortgage delay:(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am trying to calm down, but right now I am HOT, I spoke with the seller today about the closing and he asked about the survey. I didn't hear anything about that so I called my mortgage company and asked they stated they would call the closing agent and see if it had been ordered, I took it upon myself to call the title company to see what was going on. She said according to the paperwork they had sent we were going to close on June 29 so she assumed she would have time, but they had called her just today AFTER I called them about the survey and asked her to push the closing up to June 15, which she couldn't they are booked so her and I scheduled the closing for June 22 and she ordered the survey, she told the mortgage company that we couldn't do the 15, but of course do you think they would call me with this important detail nope nothing from them yet. Right now I am highly pissed off, they dropped the ball here and I am afraid of what else will come next. I realize it has only pushed it back a week, but right now I am very upset.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Mom,

That's a real bummer. Sorry to hear about the delay. Thank God, though, it's a short one.

The frustrating thing here is the lack of communication. Your mortgage company should have called you about the delay. Of course, you were bound to find out, so I can't imagine why they didn't. Someone there probably dropped the ball.

Hang in there. June 22 isn't that far away. On the bright side, you'll have extra time to pack.

Donna

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Mom,

Sorry to hear it. How disappointing. Anyway, we're all rooting for you and we will be here when you do (and you will) get your closing.

Marci

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Mom,

Take a deep breath and try to calm down. My closing date was changed 3 times. The last time was 2 days before I was supposed to close. This kind of thing happens all the time and I think the people involved get some kind of thrill out of last minute antics. Don't worry, it will all be worth it when you sit down in your new home:)

Still praying for you

Newcomer

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all that repsonded, I needed the lift. I am better now and realize it's only one more week, more packing time, less interest!

We are set to close at 11:00 am June 22. The title compnay has been VERY helpful and I am so glad I called them.

I will keep everyone updated, hopefully there won't be any more snags.

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hey, there's a silver lining in every cloud. :)

Best wishes,

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OH, Mom, my heart sunk and rose again with this thread! The main thing is that it is going to happen. Keep that in your mind when it seems the frustration is clouding the goal!! And, write here so we can soothe you! :)
    It'll be fine, Mom..all will be well!

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks,

I just spoke with my lender and he chewed a few people out regarding this. I felt kinda of bad, but really I think they made a boo boo and maybe now they will be more aware. I didn't point the finger at anyone just mentioned that "maybe" someone was communicating correctly on either end. Do you think I overeacted or did I have a right to be concerned??

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You absolutely have a right to have this process handled in a professional manner, and that includes notification of the proper parties when appropriate and to be 100% aware of every step of the way. Don't even think twice about letting them know they messed up and that it would be a bad idea if something like this were to happen again.

I'm proud of ya!

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Nana:)

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

No thanks necessary..it is all fact...you are gonna make it..cuz I can already smell the bar-b-que from your housewarming cookout! :)

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

you're just about there MOM.
    a few days away.
    you'll get it - you already know that. :) dog