Mortgage news

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I spoke for about an hour or so with a very nice and informative mortgage broker. I learned some more info was well. He will send my prequalification letter if I want it, but I decided to get my paperwork together and apply now and my loan (not rate) is good for 120 days, hopefully I can find a house in my price range within that time period. He is also going to "try" to get me the VHDA, which is 107% financing which will cover everything, scores are a factor but a he spoke with the underwriter about the process and thinks that just one old collection (no matter how equifax reports it grrr) we have a pretty good shot at it and if not FHA is basically good to go. I will keep you posted.

P.S. Judy, he mentioned he spoke with you, I hope all went weel:)

Mom

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Mom, great news! Wow! How exciting!

Well, it looks like we are definately making the move back to Texas. (Shorter SOL...cool)..ROFL

I can't help thinking of the Top 10 list when I think about moving. Better yet, house prices are 1/2!

3. mvfl

mvfl Guest

NanaC

Not only is real estate less expensive, but there's no state income tax!!

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Wonderful Mom!

You're within seconds of finding your first home,
    and find one that you all can fix up and make into something great. The guy upstairs and all your efforts have paid off Mom :)

CYA Dog

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Wonderful Mom!

Thanks Nana and DOG!!!. Yes I am happy and nervous at the same time. Just have to find something we can comfortably afford. I will keep you posted:)

Mom

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

MVFL, MOM

MVFL - No state income tax...the only thing that breaks my heart is the AVS so I'm taking them all with me! Teehee..I'm going to EL Paso where they have the..ready for this..Buzzards..um, not quite the same

Mom..Please keep us 100% informed, o.k.??? P.S. Sent everything to our buddy but he's moving so have only heard the I've got it info..:( I understand though so gonna be patient (for once..tee hee)

7. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

EXCELLANT MOM!

I responded to your post a few down. Glad to hear they can help.

HUmmm I will have to check into the VHDA thing as I have been putting all my $$ towards paying off debt. So I don't have any saved, 107% sounds good. Otherwise FHA too.

I'll let you know how it goes.

judy