Mortgage not reporting to cr ?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Creditgeek, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Creditgeek

Creditgeek Well-Known Member

I close on april 26th and my mortgage still not show's in my transunion/experian/equifax...any idea ?

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Let me gues: closing that late in the month (April 26), your first mortgage payment likely wasn't due until June 1 (there are exceptions but typically your mortgage payments don't begin until 30 to 45 days AFTER your closing. This is because unlike renting an apartment where you pay for the month's use in advance, in a mortgage, you "use the property and the loan" and then pay for it 30 days afterward.

If that's the case, then you just made your first payment June 1 (just about 3 weeks ago), hence the reason your loan isn't showing up yet.

Give it another month or 2.

3. CF

CF Active Member

Some mortgage companies don't report. Pay by check or money order and save the cancelled checks or the receipts for the money orders. It will save you a lot of effort when you try to refi.

CF

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

We closed on our house Feb 27th, yesterday 06/24/01- we were notified that it was being reported to Equifax. Still hasn't shown up on the other two. Give it a few months

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Having owned homes before, the other posts here are very realistic and most likely.

But I would like to mention that when I bought my first home in the 80's, I went FHA. The time when I bought was a brief time of dropping interest rates, just like now.

A lot of loans, not just FHA, but simply a lot of loans, get sold immediately in the secondary market when interest rates are dropping. You can imagine my surprise when I made one payment to the original lender, then received a new payment coupon book in the mail from another mortgage company.

When I went to buy a car a few months later, there was no mortgage from either company in my credit files. No big deal really. It never hurt me. When I sold the house a few years later, only the second mortgage company was reported. They included my first payment in my history just as if I made it to them.

Jim