Mortgage progressing & Momof3

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jun 12, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

First, Momof3, how are things going on your house??

Second, things are progressing nicely on our house. Our offer was accepted with minor changes. We are getting a real deal. Hubby is traveling back tomorrow to be there for Thurs. inspection. Closing date currently scheduled for 29th but broker says he "may" need a few days longer..no longer than first week of July so that is o.k.

I have to shop for house insurance now..all this stuff is so much fun and its fun to have a real address to refer to. It's going very easily..hope it stays this way. Broker was shocked we found a house so fast. That's El Paso, buyer's market, lots of choices!

Finally, Everyone, I want to apologize for not responding more. I feel I'm not contributing as I should...we are in last week of school (Thank heavens!) and moving in 2 weeks.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Nana, glad to hear you found a house, did I miss the post??????

Things are going fine I think, we are scheduled to close next Friday. I will know more after I call the title company , just to make sure that last end is running smoothly.

I would recommend you search and get some quotes about home owners's. We went with Amex and they were by far the most reasonable, you may want to check them out. 1-800-842-3344.

I won't be on posting here very often, so if you could drop me an email, changed ISP and lost your address, I would love to keep up to date with your progess. Airann23@att.net. So email me and give me all the details

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok...found insurance...that's taken care of...this is really cool. All of a sudden, hubby is getting offers out the kazooby (I have no clue what that is so don't ask) for cars, etc from reputable places. It's crazy..something must have changed because that's really new!

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

ALMOST THERE Mom!

Mom - what a thrill - only a few days from leaving the renters world behind forever! I am so proud of you - and you did it about 3 months ahead of your goals you talked about last year.

GREAT! You know where to snap me.
    Fondest to you too Nana :)

Dogman

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: ALMOST THERE Mom!

Hey Dog, thanks so much. I will keep you posted of course, again thanks for the kinds words. One of the truest gentlemen I have had the pleasure to "cyber" meet:)

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dogman! I am right with you..it's exciting to see Mom so close to the dream! :)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Nana, you are right behind me:) You should feel proud as well.

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Thank you very much :)

That was a great message. Thanks, Mom! :)

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Thank you very much :)

Only speaking the truth:)

10. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Nana--When shopping for mortgages, what did you do? Also, how do you avoid taking multiple hard inquiry hits to your credit report during that process? I am getting ready to buy in September, and need your advice.

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I found a great online broker that I used. He used my credit reports to give us his advice at first and did not pull one until I gave him the okay. Then, he pulled one and used it for the mortgages. The actual mortgage company pulled one for a total of 2 inquiries. :)

If you want to know who I used, feel free to ask. I don't want anyone to think I'm advertising (or acting as a shill, sigh).

12. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Please--I would love to have the reference.

13. Positive

Positive Member

Who did you use? Please tell. I want to know!

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I found me lender online, so far no complaints we are closing next week. They don't lend in every state though. Feel free to email me and I will give you some information. airann23@att.net

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Same here, please email me at nanatoquest@yahoo.com and I'll be glad to let you know! :) Mom and I both did well, it seems, so you might want to email us both!

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Nana, I think Don owes me a referral fee LOL:) Yes just email either one of us, I got Nana hooked up with her lender and I found another one, we both seems to be having a pretty smooth ride, aside for the waiting part for poor Nana and my minor week delay hehe.

But Nana I will be in touch, heading to the fools boards:)

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You totally deserve a referral fee!!! I bless you daily for that!!! (If it had gone wrong, I'd be cussing you, I guess!! ROFL, dagnabit)