Mortgage Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larissa, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

I am hoping to be able to buy a house in the spring and have already talked to the Loan Officer at my bank...I have a question about something he said:

He stated that since there is evidence that we have been making attempts to correct our past credit errors, he will be able to get us approved for a loan(using automated underwritting) once it has been 12 months since our last negative...what he didn't seem to know, and I am hoping someone does, is....

In the case of a judgement, does the 12 month clock started the date it was filed, or the date it was paid?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Larissa

2. Larissa

Anyone?

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I believe the date it was filed. Can someone back me up on this? However, I do believe you will have to pay it (or get it deleted off your cr) in order to obtain a mortgage.

4. Larissa

Thanks mother!

Actually I have 2

One filed 10/99, one 11/00

both are paid
    One 4/01, one 7/01

So if it is date filed, I am clear next month...if date paid, I will have to wait until summer...these are the two most recent derogs.

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. I just had a medical bill in collections hit my credit report. I'm debating now whether I should pay it. The damn insurance should have paid it but they take soooo darn long. It just hit a week ago so if I pay it tomorrow, it within a weeks time that it was paid. Hmmmm I wonder how they would note that?

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

MOM3
    Paid collections item -->7 years bad luck.

7. Larissa

I don't know...I am beginning to hate CA...I have a collection from a phone bill...paid the stupid thing...it was sent to CA 06/97 and now that it is paid it lists as 120 days late as of paid date 04/01...stupid GulfStates!

I would think it would look better that you paid it right away. Plus it is a medical bill, and I am of the understanding that those aren't as bad as other types of collections.

Most of my judgements are from medical too, but I disputed the individual listings off, and am now stuck with the judgements themselves. I think these two and the one CO I have Bill working on are my only holdbacks from actually getting my own house. I hope that I can get this taken care of.

8. Larissa

Anyone else have any thoughts on the original question?

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think "legally" you'll find it's gray... You could always make an argument that the earlier date should apply. Just my opinion.....

:)