Mortgage update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well FINALLY we got the commitment letter from the bank and now the only thing we are waiting on is verification from my husband's job that he is currently employed ( i said to my hubby did you forget to tell me something LOL), they called them today and for some reason (maybe security purpose) they wouldn't verify on the phone, the mortgage company had to send them a fax and they would verify through that. I still can't believe that is what we are waiting on. They got the commitment letter late last night and I guess thought the phonecall for verfication would be a snap NOT.

I will call in the am to make sure his work faxed back the thing, knowing our luck it is probably still sitting on someone's desk, but I will have them jump on it tomorrow morning if they haven't already, so it looks like June 15 is good to go:)

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Wow mom, you are going to be moving into your new home very soon. I am more excited than you!! Your dream is finally here. Congratulations!!! :-D

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Miles I appreciate it:) Yes almost here I have so much to do!!!

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats on making progress!!! I'm so excited for you! Sounds like everything is moving in the right direction. Did you hear on the appraisal???

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes Nana the appraisal went fine and the title work and when I heard we got the final commitment with lender I was thrilled, that of course is the last step however why his work wouldn't just say yes on the phone is beyond me?? But by tomorrow I should have exact time of closing and the amount we need, let's hope it is what was estimated, congrats again on your news as well, must be our day huh.Guess I can wait one more day, I have waited this long.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Mom...Oh, I'm so very glad!!! Now I get to go through all the steps you did...but I am so surprised!! Wow...

I can't understand his work either...really bizarre!!!

However...look where we are??? How many times can I say "wow"...:)

7. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Great news, Mom!

Glad that ina few days it will all be over and you can go about the business of settling into your new home!

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

DELIGHTED: Mortgage update

Mom - you really impress and inspire me - and many others here. You have turned bad into good then into equity. Smart moves every time.

I am delighted for you :)
    c ya dog

9. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about this one...my company doesn't even verify employment at all...They have outsourced the entire verification process, so everytime I need verification of employment and/or salary, I have to give the requester a 900 number and a special code that can only be used once. The good news is you know how many folks are trying to verify info on you.

So companies are funny like that. They might be trying to protect there employees (what if it was someone trying to attach wages, and called with the "I'm verifying employment for a mortgage loan"...could happen...

Congrats in advance!!!

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks all, Dog you are too kind:) And I understand what you are saying hurricane, that makes sense and I am sure that was it.

11. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Wow MOMOF3..I hope this doesn't

mean good-bye. I hope you are going to continue to keep in touch and help ME and others reach their ultimate dreams. I am sooooo happy for you. To know where you started up to now.....that's sooooo inspirational! There IS ALWAYS a light at the end of that tunnel and YOU have proved it.

Congratulations again, good luck and God Bless you and yours.