mortgage update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Feb 11, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Some of you may be interested in what happened with the mortgage quest. Wells Fargo Mortgage called me last week and they want the following things during underwriting.

1) pay the DMV tax lien for $600
    2) write a letter of explanation for all my inquiries last year.
    3) verification of income -W2 etc./paystubs
    4) bank statement of down payment in it.

So it seems pretty straight forward. You all know my scores are not that great. They kind of dismissed the 560 from transunion for FHA loan. I hope this info helps someone..

roni

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You can't DISPUTE the DMV tax lien???

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Since you were not told about it?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I OWE IT GEORGE. IT WILL PROBABLY JUST COME BACK VERIFIED. THEY HAVE TO COURT RECORD # ALSO AT TRANSUNION.

roni

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ok

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok, you have a point. But that I have to get straight with the DMV. The person I spoke with said, they sent the info to one of my older NYC addressed. But I gave them my new address last year when I started paying this stuff off. I know I have a battle ahead. But I will give it my best shot. I have to talk to supervisors first. I am too busy working at my two jobs for all this nonsense.

roni

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the usual requests, then the underwriter starts their fun:(

Mom

8. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Good luck, Roni. I'm sure you'll get your loan:). Doesn't seem to me like underwriting required much. I've spoken with people that have had to pay tons of stuff off before the loan officers would even send them to underwriting.

9. Newcomer

Yippeeeeeee!!!

Got a call with my final approval for my FHA mortgage today:) Roni, I'm sure yours is coming through. I have only the subprime credit cards and a couple of loans with my bank. Maybe this will take me up to the prime. I closed all of those suckers before I applied, though.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Yippeeeeeee!!!

Congrats Newcomer, you must be so happy. Roni actually only applied to get her scores, she doesn't plan on buying now, but does want to within 2 years.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Congratulations......

Glad to see everything worked out.

roni

12. Newcomer

RE: Congratulations......

13. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

RE: Congratulations......

Congrats to you. I'll probably have to wait until the end of 2003. That's when the last of my "neg" credit drops off.