mortgage

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by k, Mar 28, 2001.

1. k

k Guest

ive been approved for a home loan. imshort on the downpayment, but my mortgage lender says if i just have the seller put in 3-percent of the closing costs, ill have enough cash to move in. i dont understand. why would a seller want to lose 3 percent profit on his/her sell of the home. and, how is this kind of program allowable?

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

k,

Congrats on being preapproved. Usually sellers offer 2-3% toward the closing costs as a benefit to the buyer. For an example, a home has been on the market for 6-9 months and the owners needed to transfer because of a job or whatever. To entice a buyer they offer to put a percentage of the selling price toward closing costs. Hope this helps.

Dani

3. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

The seller of the home I purchased in 1998 paid the closing costs and down payment, but I have to pay it back. Make sure you don't have to pay it back.

I bought a home in 1982 also. The seller paid the closing costs because the home had been on the market for a long time, and I didn't have to pay that back. That was when I had GOOD credit. :(

4. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

I have used these and sent some of my clients here for a downpayment assistance. Hope this helps.
    "www.ameridreamcharity.org" or"www.ffha.net"

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

K,
    Where you are, do they have the Nehemiah program? It helps lower the downpayment amount.

Also, there are programs where you can get a loan but you don't have to pay it back until you sell the house.

I wish I'd known that stuff when I bought my house. Good luck and CONGRATS!