Mortgage

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cathy, Jun 2, 2000.

1. Cathy

Cathy Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me where I can go to have my credit checked? What I mean is I am ready to buy a house, but I want to make sure everything is ok with my credit before I got through the process.

thanks
    Cathy

2. KEL

KEL Guest

Contact the 3 credit bureaus - Transunion, Equifax and Experian and request copies of your report. The average cost per report is $8 and well worth it. All three have web sites and I believe you can order your report right from there. Equifax even offers a viewable version right on your browser that's out there for 30 days, or it can be mailed to you.

3. Cathy

Cathy Well-Known Member

RE: Mortgage--I didnt explain

I already have my credit reports. What I was wondering (after reading my original message I realized I didnt make it very clear) Should I talk to a lender to make sure that my credit is good enough to buy a house? I was just wondering if there was some type of counselor that could help me.

Cathy

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: Mortgage--I didnt explain

Why not try to get pre-approved?
    I think there is at least one site that will do it.

http://www.creditsense.com

5. Darlene

Darlene Guest

if you go to any credit lending place and they run a check on you if you are denied you will recieve a denial letter with phone numbers of equifax and such places and you can get a free credit report with that but aside from that if you are sent a denial letter pretty good guess your credit stinks and if you dont get a letter then credits okay. Other wise you can look up credit check or equifax online but you have to pay for them. Youa re entitled to I believe its one free check per 12 months. If I am wrong I am sorry, I got mine from applying for credit like I said in the beginning.