Motion To Vacate Judgment - Ca

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Jan 31, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Got a letter in the mail today and my motion to vacate judgment papers came back unfiled for the following reasons:

1. All documents must be typed

2. Defendant was sued under the name American General Finance, Inc. (I left off the Inc...oops!)

3. You need to submit the original plus two copies.

When I called to court clear prior to me sending this, she did NOT make me aware of these things. She just stated that I needed to download the form, fill out, and mail w/ SASE and check for $14. What a wast of time, now I need to prepare this all over and resend. Oh well....guess I better go to Kinkos and type this seeing that the form is in Adobe and I only have the reader version which allows you to view and copy, not fill in information.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Motion To Vacate Judgment

In the world of court clerks, it's the little stuff that counts. When you resubmit the papers, make sure your punctuation of flawless. A "," in place of a ";" could get the papers rejected again.

3. csx

csx Guest

RE: Motion To Vacate Judgment

Court clerks are also forbidden from offering "legal advice." So, she may not have been able to give you specific directions by law. I would suggest reading the statute in your state that governs how to do it, as the clerk probably can't tell you.