Motorcycle loan..bad credit...HELP

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ms. Cinder, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Ms. Cinder

Ms. Cinder Active Member

I have bad credit...and I have been looking on line at different loan sites..but they all say the same thing...MUST HAVE PERFECT CREDIT.....well ..umm..I have also checked at dealerships...they say the same thing....I just wondering if anyone out there has any advice...on how to get approved...or a web site that might give me some good info....... O' I also checked with my bank...they dont finance motorcycles....and I don't belong to a credit union..and my credit card limit is only at $2800...and I need around $7000. ....so if there is anyone who knows anything.....please....HELP!!! THANKS....
    Cinder

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

The obvious answer to your problem is to get rid of the bad debts and then make the people you owe take it off your credit reports as well.

You can fight with the credit bureaus themselves, and you will be most likely to get rid of maybe 40% to 50% that way and then the hard work starts in. Well, not really all that hard, but more difficult than getting rid of the 1st half.

Plenty of talk on this forum as to how to do it, you just need to look through the old messages to find out what you want to do and how to do it.

It will take you some time no matter how you go about it.
    I'd say you might be able to get a motorcycle in about a year if you get busy now.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

LIKE A CAR...it would be a secured loan.
    Shouldn't it be easy to get?

4. Ms. Cinder

Ms. Cinder Active Member

My bad debt came from my ex husband....I didn't know about it till about a year ago...and I have been divorced now for 3 years.....he filled bankruptcy and that shows on my credit...can dispute that??? and a motorcycle loan is harder to get then a car loan....

Cinder

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

If you signed any of the bankruptcy papers then the report is correct. You can get it off if you go at it right, but it may not be all that easy if you signed any of the papers.

If you didn't sign any of the papers then it should be pretty easy to get off. Especially if the BK happened after you were divorced and you didn't sign any of the papers.

6. Ms. Cinder

Ms. Cinder Active Member

I didnt sign any papers...and it was after the divorce...but he never removed my name from his credit cards....soooo......on my credit history it shows the credit card debt and his bankruptcy....can I still dispute that???

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

If you didn't sign for the bankruptcy, then you should not have been included in the bankruptcy.

But the fact of the cards is another story. And that other story would depend upon your credit reports and what they say. If your credit reports claim you filed bankruptcy and you didn't, that's one issue. If they don't say that, then it's a different matter. Some of your remedies might depend upon whether or not you live in a community property state or not too.

The basic tenement should be that your husband had the obligation to take care of you and any bills you might have incurred. But circumstance and how you used the cards can change that too. But thinking about all of that simply confuses, complicates and obfuscates problems that would otherwise be facil.

So it's better to keep it down to basics if at all possible.
    You didn't sign for bankruptcy so you shouldn't get it hung around your neck like a dead chicken.

If it's just a problem of the cards, that's usually not all that difficult if you do something about it in before it gets out of hand.

8. Ms. Cinder

Ms. Cinder Active Member

But the fact of the cards is another story. And that other story would depend upon your credit reports and what they say. If your credit reports claim you filed bankruptcy and you didn't, that's one issue. If they don't say that, then it's a different matter. Some of your remedies might depend upon whether or not you live in a community property state or not too.

The basic tenement should be that your husband had the obligation to take care of you and any bills you might have incurred. But circumstance and how you used the cards can change that too. But thinking about all of that simply confuses, complicates and obfuscates problems that would otherwise be facil.

Thanks soo much for responding..and just giving some advice...you have no idea how helpfull you are...THANKS!!! and if you don't mind I have another question.....how do I find out if it was a community property state or not...where would I look for that type of info?? and...another question...if I didnt sign for the cards...to be a joint applicant...then could I dispute that.....a few of the credit cards on my credit report I have never even heard of.....again....THANKS ...for helping...
    Ms. Cinder

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

how do I find out if it was a community property state or not...where would I look for that type of info??

If you still live in the same state, you could very likely just call up any attorney's office and even ask the secretary. As a matter of fact, lots of people would know the answer to that. Might just ask a few of your friends. It's usually pretty common knowledge whether your state is or is not a community property state.

and...another question...if I didnt sign for the cards...to be a joint applicant...then could I dispute that.....a few of the credit cards on my credit report I have never even heard of

You can always dispute anything. Even that black is actualy black or that white is actually white. (LOL) How much success you have might very well depend upon how you go about it.

If you go at it right, you can easily prove that arm chairs should have drivers licenses.

10. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Well, the first thing to do is read this board and get a better handle on your credit.

BUT, try www.peoplefirst.com , they do 'bad' credit motorcycle loans.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

11. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

How about this? Stop playing into the credit game and pay cash for a motorcycle? You are just going to get screwed over.

Sorry if I seem harsh here. I notice the people all the time are looking to finance vehicals. When your credit is bad, the finance terms you will get will be expensive, if you get them at all.

It is simply financial suicide to pay for expensive financing for a depreciating asset such as a car or motorcycle.

Put off buying that bike for 6 months, work hard, then pay cash for one. You will cut the price you pay for the bike in half.

This way they grovel to you and kiss your butt to buy the motorcycle instead of the otherway around.

I'm not saying you should never borrow money. You should finance your house. Most houses usually appreciate in value, and the interest is tax deductable.

Think outside the box and stop paying interest on cars. All it takes is disipline. Get a backbone and stop playing their games.