Moved will approved cards/foll

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sph, Oct 20, 2000.

1. sph

sph Guest

I was approved for two citibank cards last week. This week I moved.Will the cards follow the rest of my mail via postal address change.I am concerned that they will not be fowarded. Any insight would be helpful.Thanks to all!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Moved will approved cards/

sph,
    I moved the week that I applied for my Citibank cards. I called Citibank and gave them my new address. If the cards have already been approved it is too late to change the address. I too received 2 cards. The one which was instantly approved online came via forward mail. The card that I called in for approval came to my new address because I supplied the new address within that phone call. So to answer your question, if you applied for mail forwarding from your local post office, the card should come like all forwarded mail with a 10 day delay. The post office should send a post card to verify the address change. For me I started receiving forwarded mail the following day. I hope this helps.

3. sph

sph Guest

RE:thank you

Roni,
    Thanks for everything,including 20k in new lines!

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Moved will approved cards/

If the envelopes in which Citibank mails your cards are marked "return service requested", the post office might not forward them to your new address--especially if you've moved into a new zip code.

If they don't forward the cards, they will return them to Citibank. If this occurs, you should have no problem getting Citibank to change your address and mail your cards to your new one. One quick phone call should take care of it. Your only problem will be having to wait a little longer.

5. sbburn

sbburn Guest

RE:thank you

what you should do to avoid any mixup or delay in getting the cards is to fill out a hold order with the p.o. they will hold your mail at the p.o. of your old address for up to 30 days. after receiving the cards you can cancel the hold and have the rest of your mail forwarded to you. mail forwarding can delay your getting the cards for up to 2 weeks depending upon where you live.