Moving A Bit Closer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chriscraft, Jul 27, 2001.

1. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Well, today I moved a bit closer to having a clean EQ report. I had an old collection account that kept coming back verified by EQ, and this morning I decided to call the CA to try and negotiate deletion of the item. Interestingly, the CA tells me that the account was returned to the original creditor, so I call them. They show no account being on file. I then call the CA back, they then proceed to tell me that they do have the account and it shows a zero balance. I then ask them why they keep on verifiying the account as outstanding with EQ. They reply "we haven't." So, I tell them that someone was lying and that, if the item wasn't immediately deleted from my report, the superior court would sort out which one was the liar. Amazingly, less than five minutes after that threat, I get a call back from the CA telling me the item has already been removed from my report and that they are faxing me a copy of the deletion instruction letter to Equifax. What a surprise.

I am happy for the deletion, but disgusted at the way in which the whole situation was handled by the CRA and the CA. Something seriously needs to be done about the whole system and the way the major players conduct themselves in it. It is repulsive.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Hi Chris!

Congrats on the deletion, and I totally agree with you the system is seriously broken, but then again I think that is the way they want it.

Cypri:)

3. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Hey, Cypri! Sorry I haven't written you earlier - I got all your messages, but I have been out on jury duty. I have some good info for you, and I will write you before the end of the day. I am looking forward to resuming our chat!

4. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

No problem , Chris!

take care,

Cypri:)

5. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

I think alot of us are happy that the system is broken....allows records that might otherwise be on our reports to get deleted..

6. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

I agree....If the system were to be fixed, it would be much more difficult to clean up our messes. However, if the system were fixed, there may not be as many mistakes to begin with.

Tom