MP$40...F&#% Credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jan 12, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Didn' want to say that four letter work on-line :) Finally, after talking to 5 different people at you know where, I got somewhere. Actually, I threatened a lawsuit and the rep said Oh, OK... Duh!!! They are sending me documentation about my hubbys charge off. Better yet, I called Equifax (I was good, because I only disputed once with them.) spoke with a really nice rep that deleted it on the spot and gave me a confirmation number for that action. There is a god after all. Thank you all for your help and support. 2.5 years, and all it took was a simple phone call.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

wow. congratulations. good work.

roni

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I am extremely happy for you! That is the best news and it gives me hope! If you don't mind giving me the name and number of who you spoke with, I would greatly appreciate it <sheepish grin>. Ever since I got the shock of my life from iplace.com (i.e. further screwed up Experian report), I've decided to take a *break* from credit repair so that I can re-group and come up with NEW plan of attack.

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Actually, Ford Credit gave me the run around, I had to explain this situation to 5 different people. The nicest rep I talked to was at the Messa, AZ office. He said
    I should be dealing with the National Recovery Center at 1-800-732-2264. I called them and got nowhere again. They don't know any more than the others did. They actually had the nerve to refer me back to the CRA's after I just explained 2.5 years of spinning wheels with them. I had no problem dealing with Equifax. The guy I talked to acknowledged that this account was reported twice. Once with a $0 balance and one with an open balance. He deleted the open balance and said they wouldn't even bother trying to verify again. He gave me a confirmation number. Sheesh, I guess sometimes its easier to get stuff like this done over the phone. We were, at this point, ready to hire an attorney.

We have 3 Fords sitting in the driveway right now. We will never buy another one because of this hassle with their credit dept. Good luck, hope this helps.