MP$40 re: Fidelity Amex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Apr 3, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Ok, here we go:

I have a Blue card with them for about a year, and still got turned down. I applied on Feb 23.

They pulled BOTH Equifax and Experian. I am in NY btw (not sure if it matters).

The letter doesn't state why I was denied, but I did call them. I don't remember exactly what they said, but I think it was because I have opened to many accounts in the last year or two, and I had too many inquiries. Also, I think they said my balance/limit ratio was too high.

It took them a long time to process the app (relatively). I called that Amex automated number, 1-800-962-7227 everyday after I applied. It started saying it would be processed in 10 days. Each day it counted down until it got to 1 or 2, then it went back to 10, and stayed at ten until it finally told me that the application could not be approved. The letter they mailed me was dated March 8.

I'm not sure what my score was at the time, but I recently got it from equifax, and it is now a 639. It must be so low because of the new accounts (and of course the inquiries that go along with new accounts), since I have no negative marks.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Lovely! :-\

Thanks for the info....

3. the other

Chin up! I do hope you get it!

I went to Schwab instead. I've been happy with them. I even moved my IRAs over.

4. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Re: the Other

Hi,

That's interesting. You have no negatives on your reports yet you score is 639. Would you mind sharing the rest of the report? What lines, open date, balance etc.? I'll understand should you choose not to.

Regards.

5. the other

Do you want just open accounts? or both opened and closed? It could get quite lengthy...

6. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

I'm just perplexed why you have not scored higher. What are the reason codes? I've seen people who have BKs from a year ago who have better scores. Something must be wrong.

Thanks.