Mp$40

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mindylou, Nov 5, 2001.

1. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Have you swithched you delta card for another amex card, and if you did how did you do it, did you follow sams way of switching his?

mindy

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Message Deleted

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

me too. Card switches occur on your billing date in my case the 21st of this month. Not as quick as say citi who swaps your product in a few seconds :)

Can't wait to see the optima platinum. Even the delta skymiles card is pretty.

4. Cadillac408

Message Deleted

5. mindylou

Thanks MP$40 and sam for the help. Wow, I'm still getting used to having a amex card, much less maybe a platinum card with amex. This is GREAT.

Thanks,
    mindy

6. mindylou

Oh, I almost forgot how long did you wait to do the switch?

mindy

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i waited about 3 days til after i got the instant approval online... Just call them up, they are uber nice folks.

I used the skymiles today, it was pretty cool..

8. Cadillac408

Message Deleted

9. mindylou

Thanks, I guess I'll wait till I get my card, because I had to do all that verification mess, adddress, telephone # and almost income verification, til the last rep I spoke with said she didn't see where I needed to do that, I didn't get an # online because mine wasn't instant approval. I hope they don't give my the runaround when I call to switch, I'm almost afraid to call, I don't want to mess things up.

Thanks,
    mindy

10. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I called today Mindy, and I was not soo fortunate.

They are playing hardball with switching to the Optima Charge.
    I was able to upgrade to the Gold SkyMiles.

I called two different times and got a stonewall.

Sam or MP please let me know which number you called because the reps I got today keep telling I had to reapply for the Optima and they were really snooty about it and that i cannot upgrade to the Optima Platinum.

I think I will wait until I get the card then switch out.

Thanks Cypri:)

11. Cyprigirl

I meant Optima Platinum,, sorry

12. Cadillac408

Wow.....sorry to hear that Cypri.

FYI...I called the number on the back of my card and selected the option '4' to cancel. YOU HAVE TO SELECT '4'. If you select any other option you'll get a regular rep who has NO AUTHORITY to do anything. '4' transfers you to their Membership Consulting Services (aka retention). I basically told them that I thought I was going to be doing some traveling on Delta for my job, that's why I originally applied for the card. Then I told them that I had made a mistake and that my jobs preferred carriers are American and United! ;-D The rep begain to tell me about the hotel cards and I then stated that I just wanted a non-affiliated card.....just a regular card and not an airline or hotel card. He then offered Optima Platinum. I was like, I'll take it! Thanks and good-bye!

ALSO WARNING: Be careful when you call and select '4' to cancel. They have a record of everytime you call. I guess so they know if people are calling just to get to different reps just to get better terms, etc. You know....the nine time calling theory??? Remember??? :p

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I called up customer service.. Wait till you have the card in your hand, then call them and play hard ball. Say well maybe i'm not interested in activating and would like to cancel (gotta bluff!). Tell them the "terms of the card" were not what I recall on the website, and they are just not acceptable and ask what they can do.

They will ask "What terms are not acceptable". Say "The yearly fee and the apr are not acceptable."

They will then offer you some things. Perhaps you'll get lucky and get free fee and lower apr with the gold skymiles card. You gotta press them like any other place. Otherwise try PFB!

14. Cyprigirl

Thanks, guys, I will do just that and wait until I get the card.

I just thought they would be very receptive like Citi, some of the reps need an attitude adjustment.

Funny, I got the same representative (so called supervisor) the week before who flat out denied me and would not approve my card, I'm sure she was shocked to see that I was approved, because she mainly tried to give me a hard time about switching cards.

Anyways, thankful AMEX gave me a break.

Cypri:)

15. mindylou

Cyprigirl, maybe they wouldn't do it because it was the regular delta card, I think sam and MP$40 had the gold delta when they called to switch, so maybe after upgrading to gold you can switch.

mindy

16. Cyprigirl

I think you're right. I will wait it out and then do the switch!

I did not think about that one!

Honestly, I was too scared to apply for the gold out of fear I would get denied so I went for the classic.

Maybe I will just wait the three months, but one rep did say that I could upgrade to Platinum Skymiles, so we will see.

Thanks!

Cypri:)

17. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LOL I feel EXACTLY the same way...whenever I get one good result from any of the CS reps, and they say "Mr. Nave, is there anything else I can do for you today?"...I always say "NO, thank you verrrrry much for your help" and then I hang up verrrrry quickly as well hehehehehe :))

-Peace, Dave

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THE PARTY POPPER SAYS...
    WELL, since you REFUSE to increase my credit limit with-out a credit report being pulled...
    ...and since you REFUSE to reduce the "GO-TO" interest rate...
    ...and you REFUSE to reduce the BT interest rate...

WHAT COULD I POSSIBLY ASK FOR???