MP$40

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Jan 8, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Reading some of your post. Are you really gonna do this AMEX-fidelity thing. I hadnot been following the post until tonight. REad back a few days and caught up. ARe you sure the card will look real? Is it really guaranteed. You know AMEx has fooled this board b4.

roni

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

What's it going to hurt? If you get denied for some reason, oh well. You can just withdraw your money and move on if need be. I'm doing it regardless because I need to start making my money work for me. That's my number one priority. If I can floss (CA slang for *show off*) an Am/Ex platinum card, then all the better!

And as far as the card looking real....check this out:

I was in Vegas earlier in Dec. and I saw this guy with a really nice suit on in this expensive jewelry store. He was with his lady and it looked like he was buying her a necklace. He had his Am/Ex PLATINUM card laying on the counter. I looked at it of course and it had the Fidelity symbol right under "American Express" to the right of "Platinum". I didn't think nothing of it. I just figured that his card was tied in w/ his Fidelity account or something. But I was still trippin when I saw the card. You don't see an Am/Ex Platinum card too often. Now I'm laughing because for all I know, he could of had $5k in his account! LoL!!!! I was thinkin that he was big pimpin or something. I'm still cracking up!

If you want to see what the card looks like, go here:

http://personal400.fidelity.com/products/stocksbonds/content/platinum.shtml.tvsr

And it carries all the benifits of a regular Platinum card minus a few ticky tack stuff. Same goes for the Gold card....let's not forget about the Gold card. LoL!! If your wondering if it's that easy to upgrade after obtaining the Gold, call this number (1-800-350-0486 ) and inquire and see what the requirements are. I called twice and both times they told me that all I had to do was pay the annual fee ($225...Fidelity pays $75 of it) and that's that! I'm sure they'll check to make sure you have $5k in your account though. I guess to qualify for either card you had to have $30k in your account but I was told that they changed the requirements. It states that on their web site but on the acutual application that I downloaded it still said $30k (unless I read wrong).

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Do you have the $2500 now or are you gonna save for it.

roni

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

also

Do i need to leave $2.5K in the account.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: also

I have $2500 right now but I'm going to wait until Feb. when I have the full $5k. You can open up your account w/ $2500 but you can't get the card unless there's $5k in there. I'll just wait. No rush...I'll just wait til Feb. It's less than a month anyway. I'm keeping the account regardless because 1. their rates are good and 2. they hold my 401k.