MP's FICO Score - Interesting

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. last night I was reading through the threads but didn't have time to post or chat (too busy BBQing and drinking Coronas!).

Anyways....I got my score and was rather shocked:

Drum Roll...

605! (Is this a joke?) I seriously expected something in the low 500's. My report consisted of the following negative info:

Public Records:
    None

Open Collections:
    $84
    $87
    $1200

Other negative info:
    6 paid chargeoffs w/ zero balance
    1 account that was reported 60-90 days late that was settled for less than full amount.

Just a side note: Junum obviously is disputing stuff because next to almost every singe negative item (w/the exception of like 2 items)it says "Costumer Disputes....re-investigation in progress".

Well, I find this rather interesting. At any rate, I have sent TWO validation letters regarding the $84 and $87 collection accounts (for some checks that I didnt' write) and they have NOT RESPONDED! What should I do now?

As for the $1200 collection, I have already negotiated w/ the original creditor in exchange for complete REMOVAL but I see that Junum submitted a re-dispute for that one. I think I'm going to wait and see the results of that before I pay. No sense in blowing off $300 that we agreed upon for nothing. They told me that the offer will stand and I can do it when I'm ready so I'm not pressed for time. But I did promise myself that I would have stuff taken care of by June.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: MP's FICO Score - Interest

I think this shows the weight in having paid $0 balance charge off's versus open $$$ balance charge offs. hmm..

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Wow Mp 605 isn't that bad considering your negatives, I am happy for you and now I am more confused then ever, I got hubby's last nite mine is still in limbo somewhere in Equifax land:( Anyway his was 577!!! with just one collection from 1995, this does not seem right. But of course I am happy for you just the same girl:)

Mom

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

You think maybe my score was higher due to the fact that I have accounts on there that are at least 9 years old???

I do have Am/Ex reporting on there also that shows highest amount charged of $2100.

I'm just trying to make sense of all this.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Maybe MP who knows, what gets me the most though in Oct EQ 580 and TransU 660, same EXACT information, I know they score differently but 80 points?? Something is up with that entry on Equifax or TU is very generous which I don't believe.

Mom