Multiple College Entrance Exams

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by sirrowan, Aug 12, 2003.

1. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

My boss's daughter is switching colleges this fall. She took a college entrance exam at her previous college about 1 1/2 years ago.

The college she is tranferring to, is making her take their college entrance exam as well.

I have read somewhere, but can't remember where, that there is a "crackdown" on colleges requiring students to take multiple entrance exams.

Does anyone know where to look? We are in Ohio and the North Central Association of Colleges is who accredits schools in our area. Their website doesn't have anything regarding this subject.

My boss's daughter has CP, but she is intelligent! She tends to be judged by her physical appearance (really pisses me off).

She doesn't do well in basic math (fractions/percentages), but doesn't have problems with Algebra (go figure). She does do very well in english and english related courses.

What I'm afraid of is that they are going to try to put her in developmental courses for math. She had developmental math: received 100% on all tests but fractions/percentages which she received a 75%. They didn't pass her because of this last test.

Enough rambling....

Does anyone know where I can find material regarding the multiple entrance exams AND developmental courses?