multiple CRA reports

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Karen, May 22, 2001.

1. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

For those of you that are continually working on your credit repair, it appears that you need a new report each month from each of the CRA's to monitor your progress. That can get expensive. Is there a cheaper way? I know that Equifax does it for thirty days for one fee.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

The agencies are supposed to send you an updated copy of your reports after they finish investigating a dispute.

So far, TU and Equifax have done so for me. I'm still waiting to officially hear from Experian.

3. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Yep, every time I dispute, I get a free report the next month with my new results on it. To date, I have never paid for a single report and rightly so.

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I am in the same position as Dave.. I am awaiting my Experian as well.

It's nice to get my credit reports every month.. =)

5. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Experian rips me off. I only get a page or two with my dispute information on it. They don't give me a full report.

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

From what others here have said about Experian, I expect they'll do this to me as well. I think I've seen some messages here that said if you contact them and demand a full report they will send one.

7. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

That is true but then you have to send another letter and wait again. I just keep disputing from the original. Although when eloan put the hard inquiry on my report I got another freebie from the web site.

8. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Experion just sent me a summary of the disputed items and the action they took. When I originally paid for my report, it took them over two months to send it. They are difficult to deal with. I think I will sign up with Privista for a year. I have a lot of medical bills (about $150,000) and the insurance contests everything. They are always lying about paying them. I am afraid that some doctor or hospital will report them as a bad debt and screw up my credit.

Thanks for your help. I am learning something new every day.

9. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Privista only shows Equifax reports / alerts.

10. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I know. But it's a start. TU has been accurate for me so far. Experion seems to mirror what Equifax does. They both make the same mistakes. So I will give ti a try although I'm afraid of what will be there.

11. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

With Experian, if you do multiple disputes at one time, you'll get those one page updates for each one until the LAST investigation in progress is done. THEN you should get the full one.

12. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

This is interesting to me because I heard from them today and got the one sheet thing. I think you are saying they send you the results as they come in and do not wait for all disputes to come in before sending you the notification. So Lexington might have disputed more than the items I just saw that were deleted.

Do I understand you correctly?

13. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

J,
    I've been through 3 rounds of disputes, 2 tradelines each time and they have never sent me a full one. I get the 2 sheet deal that shows on page 1 some Q&A bull, and on page 2 results of reinvestigation, showing th outcome of both items I disputed.

14. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

See my previous message. Sometimes, it's based on how long it's been since you got a full one.