Multiple Payments in One Month?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by benkind, Sep 18, 2001.

1. benkind

benkind Well-Known Member

Guys,

My netfirst account was just posted to Experian. I have First Consumers on the way. I had once heard that sending in multiple payments to your account in a month could sometimes improve your rating because they would be posted separately as though they were months of payments.

Does this work?

Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Beware of First Consumers!!!!!! Be Very Aware!!!!!

Had the account, never activated our, used the card. They charged me fees out of the ying-yang, to include 30-60 day lates.

I did manage to get it removed from my report.

good luck, you will need it

3. benkind

benkind Well-Known Member

Don't you start with me, Reshod! I got raked over the coals for getting the Netfirst card! Don't tell me First Consumers is bad, too! :) I just can't seem to win! LOL!

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Benkind:

Bottom line is that you have to work with what's available to you. Obviously other banks like Citibank, Chase, etc. are NOT available to you. You gotta do what you gotta do. So if Net 1st is where you need to make your start, then so be it. Same with FCNB. Do what you gotta do to get by initially....then as things progress, move up.

The only few credit tips I can add are add more positives while removing negative. Also, dispute dispute dispute! You've done good with Net 1st. Like you said they are already reporting and that's a positive. Good job. But like Reshod said, be aware of FCNB and their shady tactics. Just be aware.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

dump net 1st, get a cap 1 secured, providian (secured or not), nextcard secured, anything secured, but net 1st is a fricken ripoff.

Been there done that