Must read...needed advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tiff10, Sep 15, 2003.

1. tiff10

tiff10 Member

Let her rip...
    FCNB/Speigel sold to Midland Credit Manage. $400
    OPENED 5/1998
    WFFNB/Victoria's Secret sold to Asset Accpt. $797
    OPENED 4/1998
    Attention LLC (medical bill) $622
    PLACED 10/2001
    Credit Protection (cable box ) $612
    PLACED 8/2000
    WFNNB/Express (expired SOL as of 7-2003) $527
    Opened 7/1996
    Providian sold to Colorado Capitol $797
    OPENED 3/1998
    Repo..no balance...most owed $18,553???
    OPENED 5/2000

And there it is. My absolutley terrible credit report. My score is 500. Geesh! I've finished my settlement letters and I'm ready to start sending them out. To tell you the truth, I'm not worried about validations. I just want to pay these people and get my rating to paid. These accounts don't have very high balances, but their OLD. Which is why I'm kinda worried that these guys might pee their pants from laughing when they get my offers. All of the CA's have updated the last activities as 2002 and 2003..so their obviously still paying attention. I don't want any accounts removed (except the medical and cable collections) Should I try contacting my OC's first regaurding the credit cards or the collection agencies with my settlement offers? Has anyone dealt with any of these agencies before? All advice is totally appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dusty Credit Dorrine

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Did you know if you pay these charge offs it won't help your score?

3. tiff10

tiff10 Member

I belive so jlynn. I'm basically going to get a hold of the collection agencies and have them to remove their listing in exchange for payment. I also stated that they won't get squat unless they send me something from the OC stating all the negatives will be removed upon payment. Is that a bad idea? I thought this would be my only way to get the charge-offs to "paid".

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRY to get...

PAID NEVER LATE BALANCE $0 "ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CONSUMER"

If not...THEY MUST BE REMOVED TOTALLY UPON PAYMENT