mvfl

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lucy, Mar 22, 2001.

1. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I just received the First Premier in January and Cross Country in March. Actually Cross Country's fees are cheaper, but I have read so many horror stories about them, it scares me. Anyway, I sent my first payment to them yesterday, via certified, return receipt with a postal money order 16 days in advance. I cannot believe they actually charge $3 to make an internet payment! I make several other payments (insurance and electric free over the internet), and my car payment free via phone. Cross Country charges $5 via phone! My mortgage company charges me $4.95 via phone for a Western Union Quick Pay.

I might keep Cross Country if I see they are not trying to rip me off. But the stories I have read indicate otherwise. I'll just keep on my toes with them.

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

mvfl
    Author: Lucy (---.tampabay.rr.com)
    Date: 03-22-01 04:54

Thanks for the advice. I just received the First Premier in January and Cross Country in March. Actually Cross Country's fees are cheaper, but I have read so many horror stories about them, it scares me. Anyway, I sent my first payment to them yesterday, via certified, return receipt with a postal money order 16 days in advance. I cannot believe they actually charge $3 to make an internet payment! I make several other payments (insurance and electric free over the internet), and my car payment free via phone. Cross Country charges $5 via phone! My mortgage company charges me $4.95 via phone for a Western Union Quick Pay.

I might keep Cross Country if I see they are not trying to rip me off. But the stories I have read indicate otherwise. I'll just keep on my toes with them.

Reply To Message==== SEE BELOW
    Re: mvfl
    Author: Lizardking (---.newhorizons-tpa.com)
    Date: 03-22-01 06:54

Lucy, if you do not need to trade line or credit, cancel your cross country bank. It is too easy to get a 30 day late payment from them. It is not worth the risk. They will hold your check and screw you. You cant send money orders every mont with certified mail.

Reply To Message== The reason we have this type of problem is due to a big flaw in consumer law that gives creditors the sole right to determine when payment is made !
    When is payment made? It's made on what ever date the creditor says it is -PERIOD:

3. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I can see why you'd want to cancel that card, with all the horror stories. How long have both of your cards been open? First Premier has been OK for me so far, but I always make my payment by phone way in advance and it posts in 2 days. They charge $6 to do that though, plus the monthly fee :(