My AMEX Secured Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Asking You, Sep 6, 2000.

1. mick

mick Guest

RE: Mick's a Good Man

Thats true but I think we don't know the whole story maybe she piggyback on someone
    elses credit to give her that advantage.
    Usually you need at least a year of credit history to get approved for a car loan and other credit or maybe she is very rich.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Good points, all of them. You love to find the truth.

3. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: My Opinion, Again

Mick, I am not one to play childish games and I'm definately not a story teller, but you remind me much of a D*** instead of a Mick. My apologies to anyone that this offends, but Mick has really rubbed me the wrong way!!!

mick wrote:
    -------------------------------
    WOW you are a very good story teller
    keep up the good work maybe you can be a famous Science Fiction Aurthor or Work for
    the National Enquirer or the Globe.
    Ok lets see What do you think guys If I had a Radio Shack credit card with a 100.00 do you think in 6 months I can get a 20,000.00
    Platinum credit card????
    I think NOT!!!

4. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Better to be lucky

No Steven, I haven't been that lucky. And I have taken a chill. No more inquiries for me.

Steven Z wrote:
    Unlike Mick, I believe I BELIEVE.

I stated previously that several persons here a month somehow 'fluke' that prime card though considering you apply for virtually every card out there its hard to imagine how this hasn't happened to you yet.

BTW, I notice you live in Texas, well don't get too close to Doris K. as your habits resemble her daughter's quite closesly and she might strangle you :):)

5. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

No Mick, I'm afraid you got the whole story in a nutshell. If it concerns you that much, save me the trouble, and call Discover yourself and ask them why in the hell are they giving that kind of credit to staters!!!

mick wrote:
    Thats true but I think we don't know the whole story maybe she piggyback on someone
    elses credit to give her that advantage.
    Usually you need at least a year of credit history to get approved for a car loan and other credit or maybe she is very rich.

6. mick

mick Guest

After reading Barrys post what your saying maybe true we do not want anyone who reads this message board to believe that they can
    have only a few months credit history and turn around and get any Platinum Credit Card.
    However congratulations on your achievement that is great for you and your sister but it takes TIME to BUILD a CREDIT HISTORY thats why it is called a CREDIT HISTORY but it looks like you and your sister have a great start on yours:)

7. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Thanks, but she is the one with the great start. For some reason, I started off wrong with too many inquiries, so therefore my fico score is as low as someone's with a derogotory history and no current accounts, now that hurts.

mick wrote:
    After reading Barrys post what your saying maybe true we do not want anyone who reads this message board to believe that they can
    have only a few months credit history and turn around and get any Platinum Credit Card.
    However congratulations on your achievement that is great for you and your sister but it takes TIME to BUILD a CREDIT HISTORY thats why it is called a CREDIT HISTORY but it looks like you and your sister have a great start on yours:)

8. mick

mick Guest

I have too many inquires also I have to play the waiting game.

9. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Better to be lucky

Yep...I'm only a stone's throw away in Katy, and I have my garotte out on the coffee table ;-)