My Beacon score with Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 4, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I just recieved my new GM mastercard im the mail today!

It has a 1500.00 limit. I called the credit department of GM to find out which report they pulled. Trans-Best, Equifax-ok, Experian-not that bad.

I was told that they pulled Equifax. I asked them what was my score, the guy said that my beacon on my equifax is a 683!!!

I first checked my fico online in march and it was a 608 so in two months it increased 75pts!

Thats wonderful. The credit representative said that from the looks of my equifax, "im doing good so far for only having my report in the CRA's for 30 months!" -They must of overlooked the Charged of MBNA loan that is on my account.

Owell,

He also advised me not to apply for any new credit for a while and credit some positive history with the ones that i have!

I think im going to take his advice.

I now have:

GM Mastercard: 1500.00 limit
    Household Mastercard: 1500.00 limit
    Providian Visa Classic: 200.00 (up for line increase this month~I perdict going to 1000.00?)
    Capital One Visa: 2400.00 limit
    Speigel charge: 400.00 limit
    Friedmans jewelers charge: 500.00 limit

GO Beacon!

PSUgirl

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

This is terrific news PSUgirl! The GM card rep told me the other day that holders of the GM card are eligible for a credit limit increase after having the card for 6 months. I tried unsuccessfully to get a higher limit when I activated the card the other day.

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I totally agree with you Jim, in fact the guy from gm credit department said that if i keep my accounts in good standing, there would be no reason for them not to raise my credit limit to 3000 by the 6mth mark.

im dealing with providian now, if they dont give me a heffty increase on my 200.00 limit, im closing my account. ive always paid my account off in full every month, never late, never over the limit....i did everything right! fingers crossed...ill know by beginning of june!

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. $3,000 is what I requested the other day. I am a realist and since HCS pulled Equifax (my worst report), I was lucky to get the card. Equifax is the only report that shows my BK discharged 27 months ago.